Super Bowl Grub

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I had a busy day on Sunday. In addition to watching all the hype on the NFL Channel and then the game, I managed to knock out some SB Apps and then dinner in the evening. I went with my old standby ABT's, some Moinks and then being the glutton that I am I topped things off with some Armadillo Eggs. Along about halftime I got a pot of chili on, hoping that my appetite would return later, which it did. Here's a few pictures of the day.

For the chili I needed either some smoked brisket point or some chili grind. I'm all out of my burnt ends stock so I settled for the chili grind. Got a nice chuck roast and made my own.

enhance

Used the coarsest plate I have and it came out OK. Put it in the fridge until game day.

enhance

For snacks I went with my go to abt's.

enhance

Also did up some Moinks and Armadillo Eggs.

enhance

Put the "Eggs" on the lower rack as I'll let them go for a couple hours. WSM running at 250.

enhance

The rest on top.

enhance

While the apps were cooking I got a jump on dinner. Browned the beef.

enhance

About done.

enhance

Gave the moinks a little sauce.

enhance

These guys took another half hour.

enhance

--------------------------

enhance

Sliced an "Egg".

enhance

After the game got going on the chili.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Threw in a couple of cans of kidney beans at the last minute. Couldn't help it. :)

enhance

Had a really fun day. It was nice to have a little R&R today however. Hope you all had a great weekend. Thanks for looking.

Some mighty fine lookin' Super Bowl snackage, Cliff! The chili looks incredible. I could go for a nice big bowl of that.

It all looks fantastic Cliff. I'd take a large plate of everything. Thanks for sharing.

Great cooks Cliff, like it all. I won't tell the chili police about the beans in the chili cuz I add them too.;)

That is one helluva Super Bowl spread! I love ABTs! Those armadillo eggs look fantastic; I am going to have to make some of those!

your game day grub looks guud! As all of your cooks do.
Hope that you enjoyed the game, I know that we did.
I did a 6 hour brisket in the pit barrel. We had brisket Sammies before the game.
All in all a good game. Wish the 9r's would have won. Oh well, always cant get what you want.
Matter of fact I found in life it very seldom goes the way I like. LOL
Keep up the great posts you are always mixing some kind of herbs & seasonings up.

Thank you everyone!!

I did a 6 hour brisket in the pit barrel. We had brisket Sammies before the game.
All in all a good game. Wish the 9r's would have won. Oh well, always cant get what you want.

Bet that brisket was great Russ! The PBC's intrigue me with their simplicity. I've seriously considered adding one to the arsenal.

Yes, it was a good game. I too was disappointed the Niner's didn't win. I was happy for the Chief's though and their loyal fans. They've waited a long time. Hopefully there will be a rematch.

I know where I want to be for the next SB!

That'd be great Bob. Then you could give me some photography lessons. :D

Great looking spread as always! I don’t think I’ve ever had either ABTs or Armadillo eggs...recipes?

K.... There's a million recipes out there for both. The recipe I like for the ABT's I got from a Youtube channel several years ago.

I use large jalapenos, sliced open and seeded.

Spread in cream cheese of your choice. Apply bbq rub to the cheese and then the grated cheddar. Smooch down a Lil Smokie, I like to use beef. Wrap with half slice of bacon and secure with toothpick. I let them go on the smoker at 250 for 60 to 90 minutes.

Here's the recipe I used for the "Eggs".

https://heygrillhey.com/bacon-wrapped-armadillo-eggs/#wprm-recipe-container-5006

Last edited:
Cliff you got me interested in the "Eggs" was doing surfing for recipes and I actually came across the heygrill so saved me some time to ask you how you made them. Incredible feed you made for the Superbowl, I love beans in my chili also wife not so much.

She is going out of town this weekend so get to make my seafood favorite fried oysters or maybe mussels diavolo over linguine which she won't eat either. Leaning towards the oysters.

Back