Sunday ribs on the Genesis

Excellent method, love to see the final project. I love my S330, but I have to get used to it. It cooks way faster than anything I've owned before

Looks like a great start. I think that's what I'll be doing also, I have three smokes I have to do by Christmas and 80% chance of rain or snow all the way through Saturday. I think my E320 is going to be busy.

Looking good. I'm a charcoal & wood fire type, so I'm impressed.

After about 10 years being out of the backyard cooking game I decided I wanted to get back into it and that is when I bought the Genesis.
It is the best grill I have ever used by a wide margin.
Once I started grilling again I started wanting to BBQ too.
Not wanting to spend anymore money on another cooker I figured out how to cook some pretty good BBQ using this method.
It works great but whole chickens, pork butts, and briskets really gunk up the grill as they render.
This probably doesn't really hurt the grill but it was really making it into a grease pit.
I had already started looking into real smokers and when I was asked to cook BBQ for my in-laws 50th anniversary party I bought the WSM.
Seems like we go for brisket a lot now instead of burgers, steaks, and fajitas and the Genesis is not used nearly as much anymore.
It is still a great cooker and we use it as a second oven when we do the big Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.

Back