Sunday grub and extras for the week

Darryl - swazies

TVWBB Diamond Member
Nothing overly special…have a very well marbled rib eye for tonight’s dinner…..black angus rib steak, shrooms and fries for dinner.
This steak had lots of fat and tasted fabulous, almost got too much heat on it…got lucky it was still juicy and was still medium.
Chicken breast and a new best so far salsa verde for mid week chicken burritos.
A few pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0160.jpeg
    IMG_0160.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0174.jpeg
    IMG_0174.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0172.jpeg
    IMG_0172.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0171.jpeg
    IMG_0171.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0170.jpeg
    IMG_0170.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0169.jpeg
    IMG_0169.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0168.jpeg
    IMG_0168.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0167.jpeg
    IMG_0167.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0165.jpeg
    IMG_0165.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0164.jpeg
    IMG_0164.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0163.jpeg
    IMG_0163.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0162.jpeg
    IMG_0162.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0161.jpeg
    IMG_0161.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0158.jpeg
    IMG_0158.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0166.jpeg
    IMG_0166.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 25
Thanks for popping in for a look.
Once Mexican night happens this week I will be sure to post pics here.
Mother's day this weekend......going Mexican of course, hopefully pics.
The menu will be skirt and pork carnitas tacos.......guac and chips.
Was thinking maybe making CaseT's edible taco bowls or just doing the burritos as they were amazing last week......
The old man is funny, he gets pulled pork on a bun.......if he doesn't get that he will only eat bout one taco, he is a plain man.

Thanks for popping in for a look.
Once Mexican night happens this week I will be sure to post pics here.
Mother's day this weekend......going Mexican of course, hopefully pics.
The menu will be skirt and pork carnitas tacos.......guac and chips.
Was thinking maybe making CaseT's edible taco bowls or just doing the burritos as they were amazing last week......
The old man is funny, he gets pulled pork on a bun.......if he doesn't get that he will only eat bout one taco, he is a plain man.
Case's Taco bowls rock. Highly recommend.

Great cooks, Darryl. Love how you did those mushrooms!

Case's Taco bowls rock. Highly recommend.

Great cooks, Darryl. Love how you did those mushrooms!
I made them once before with the bowl and tin foil method he described for us.....
Came out great, used gringo grande as the spice for the tortilla's.
Came out great, as my taco fillers are usually moist.....very juicy skirt or flank, and my salsa's and fresh lime juice....the bottom of the taco bowls tends to become a bit less firm as the meal gets about half way done. I pick up that bowl, fold it into a gigantic taco and finish the " bowl meal " that way.
It really is outstanding, I thanked him quite a bit from what I can remember.
There is something about eating a 12 inch tortilla as a taco when you are used to eating 7 inch shells normally.

Almost forgot to post the extras for the week…….
Burritos was the call again this week after las5 weeks chicken verde burritos.
Almost the same line up but now I figured out how to roll burritos better.
we had a lot of extras so I was able to eat lunch at work for a couple days……
Good days for me!
Still had a jar of the verde from above, and both sliced breast from above and a shredded breast from a whole chicken cooked Sunday as well…..

Attachments

• IMG_0186.jpeg
    IMG_0186.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0185.jpeg
    IMG_0185.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0184.jpeg
    IMG_0184.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0183.jpeg
    IMG_0183.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0182.jpeg
    IMG_0182.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0181.jpeg
    IMG_0181.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0180.jpeg
    IMG_0180.jpeg
    264.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0179.jpeg
    IMG_0179.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0178.jpeg
    IMG_0178.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0177.jpeg
    IMG_0177.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0176.jpeg
    IMG_0176.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 8
Thanks Chuck, we end up eating dishes similar to this about 3 times a week now. Almost everything comes from scratch except the canned beans it seems...the salsa's are always fresh and really makes it shine. Between that and not eating anything from the fryer we have turned our diet around a wee bit. Let's just say as I age my body lets me know what it doesn't like and it's easy to see this........My best example is staying away from deep fried foods, both at home and while out. Do this for a few months....and then get out and have some good truck fries or something. I immediately go into a reject mode inside my body....it just doesn't like it. So healthier eating and more delicious.....win win situation.
I tried again the weekend before this one......out at a surprise birthday party, I was busy so I didn't have a lot of time to drink or eat......I ended up eating 4 fried hot wings, and the next day and a half was a real treat!!!!!!

Thanks Chuck, we end up eating dishes similar to this about 3 times a week now. Almost everything comes from scratch except the canned beans it seems...the salsa's are always fresh and really makes it shine. Between that and not eating anything from the fryer we have turned our diet around a wee bit. Let's just say as I age my body lets me know what it doesn't like and it's easy to see this........My best example is staying away from deep fried foods, both at home and while out. Do this for a few months....and then get out and have some good truck fries or something. I immediately go into a reject mode inside my body....it just doesn't like it. So healthier eating and more delicious.....win win situation.
I tried again the weekend before this one......out at a surprise birthday party, I was busy so I didn't have a lot of time to drink or eat......I ended up eating 4 fried hot wings, and the next day and a half was a real treat!!!!!!
There's fried food and then there's Weber fried food. Don't miss out on Weber fried food :)

Yes, I keep looking at these cooks, and the chicken always looks outstanding.
I should get on it one day, the MRS just likes the chicken with spice on the skin for the most part then she tries to give me the skin.
Hard to pass on, one should maybe choose not to eat double skin every time but it sure is tasty.

Back