Sunday Brisket

Ed M.

TVWBB Guru
It's been a while since I have used my WSM, or posted pics of a cook, so I dug the smoker out of the garage to do a 12 pound brisket. Seasoned it up and went out to fire up the smoker.

0031280x742.jpg~original

Brisket on. Full ring of Royal Oak lump and some hickory and apple for a little smoke.

010.jpg~original

Thin blue smoke coming out of the WSM. Doesn't really show up in the pic though.:-{

008.jpg~original

Some action shots. Put some foil under the ends so they didn't burn too bad. Also had to spin the grate a few time during the cook so the brisket would cook more evenly. Looks like I need to clean the dome on the smoker.:eek:

016.jpg~original

017.jpg~original

022.jpg~original

Temp. of the brisket is 160 so it is time for it to get put in to a pan and foiled up until tender. This is at the 6 hour mark. Used a medium heat cook this time. Ran the smoker at about 275ish for most of the cook.

026.jpg~original

Will try to update later with the finished product.

My wife said we need to have a few more adult beverages to celebrate the Packer's win!:cool:

Stay tuned.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
...I dug the smoker out of the garage...
thinkin': you may need to keep that WSM near your front or back door with all that there snow...
My wife said we need to have a few more adult beverages to celebrate the Packer's win!
I think I NEED to meet your wife Ed!;)

Brisket looks TERRIFIC!!

Here are a few pics of the final product. The pics do not do justice to how good this turned out. Very tender and great flavor.

027.jpg~original

030.jpg~original

031.jpg~original

Again, thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Wow, best looking Brisket pics I've seen in a LONG time! I can just imagine the taste of that juicy looking piece in the last pic.

that is gorgeous!
so , you foiled it at 6 hrs....how long was the whole cook? i know its tenderness , not time ,that dictates when its done , but im just curious what the total time was in this case. .....and how much charcoal did you use ? sorry to be so inquisitive , but i havent attempted a brisket yet and im trying to amass as much data as i can, i want mine to look like that !:wsm:

Love it, that's how I hang my lid too. Best brisket I've seen in a long time. Thanks for posting the cook.

Back