Summit dead in water

Probably just something stuck in the burners or the manifold. Glad you got it all sorted out though.

I am with Rich! Glad your Summit is still trucking. Such a cool grill - one of Weber's very best gas models.

This is a very good write up, and how to fix it. The tapping the regulator is going into my memory banks.
Glad all is good Chris as that is a fine grill I remember a few cooks you did on it.

There could have been a ice lock in it. Would not be the first time I have seen a regulator choked up on ice

Yep, makes sense, Larry. Except, Chris is in mild California instead of this ice box we call the Midwest🥶.
But actually that is many times when I see it happen. Especially as the tank get slightly lower. The further the gas has to expand the more likely it is. For instance if you've ever worked on automotive (or any other AC) systems (I have only worked on automotive) the evaporators typically ice up solid when they get low on refrigerant.

Propane tanks can freeze up,
Due to rapid loss of pressure. However I don't think that was a problem with Chris since his problem happened when he 1st started the gril.

Had low flame a second time. Disconnected hose, rapped regulator a few times with grill brush, reconnected and all is well.

I see a new regulator in my (very near) future.

Back