Summit 450 thermometer

Russ H.

My thermometer died. Looked on Webers site, shows it no longer available. Anyone know what part # might fit this thing ? This is the first generation Summit I think. Thanks for any ideas. In an ironic twist of fate, the thermometer on my Genesis Silver died this winter also. Both of these have worked for YEARS, both gave up the ghost a few months apart. Found a replacement for the Genesis already, no luck on the Summit.

Can you post a photo of the thermometer. It could be a thermometer that is used on some of the more common Weber grills.

It is unique ONLY to the 1st gen Summit. It's similar to the early Genesis but bigger

You know all too well, being a first hander. You dont know the part number by chance ? I thought I had the parts list downloaded with the owners manual, but cant find it.

Sorry Russ I don't. On mine I adapted a different thermometer. Took some machining of the housing but looks completely stock other than it cannot be removed

Redoing a first generation Summit - to any extent - would be no easy undertaking. I think you are going to have to do something like Larry did. Highly unlikely to find one other than on another Summit grill and probably not working anymore.

Sounds like the only solution is the route Larry took. Weber has a 60393 temp gauge, mount is different, but size is right. Or I could snoop around the housewares dept. and go full custom. Temp gauge or not, the burgers still come off the grill charred and juicy.

Can you post a photo of the thermometer. It could be a thermometer that is used on some of the more common Weber grills.

From my Summit 450:

G1h1QnL.jpg

hE4eWVR.jpg

gUEZhYI.jpg

The mounting assembly is still available: https://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/search/part/552862/136108/

Still looking for the thermometer itself.

Back