such a dummy

They say things come in 3s so now I'm waiting for the third one to happen SMH. I just write the check.

I think mine are coming in 9's and I can write the check but there is nothing there behind it :rolleyes:

Haha, I also can write the check but have to tell them not to cash it LOL. :cool:

When I retire going to work at Costco a few days a week to keep busy and restore Webers for minimum wage. The painter who does my house will make more than I will. :)

Larry, the third thing is your guitar!

Yeah I really want to get that done, but this year there is about $30k going out the window YIKES!!!! And the topper yesterday daughter complains to me in her ever so nice way............not..........The dryer doesn't work. I go down there and pull it apart and the heating element and main circuit board appear to be suspect. Neither of which are available from Bosch Germany any more. I was VERY lucky when I bought the thing. Buddy and I walking through local Menard's about 15 years ago. I noticed a Bosch Axxis electric dryer "mark down" to $229. I looked it up online at home and find out it's a $1200 unit! I could not get one back here fast enough. Since my old dryer was already rebuilt once and was needing me to do it again. My only regret with the Bosch is I didn't buy 2 or 3 of them! I could have simply unboxed one and been back in business and 3 of them would have run me about the same as one of the new ones I just bought on sale at Best Buy
Part of me thinks I should just cash out on the Guitar. I have not played it in a few years thanks to that nerve issue in my neck and losing complete use of my left hand. It was bad. I could not even cut my food. Like a little kid my wife had to cut my food for me. (so many things go limp when we get old :D)
Thanks to a good chiropractor I have use of my hand back but muscle memory of playing the 12 string is not back and the strength I had and need to play that instrument has not come back. But I bought that thing new WAY back in 1974 (I think I could even lay hands on the original hang tag) so like Robert DeNiro I'm "conflicted" (watch Analyze This to get that quote LOL)
Well I guess I just keep on keeping on

You will get more for the guitar of you reset the neck, or you could string it up with six until you build some strength back?
I just hate to see people get rid of instruments, replacement cost is crazy. I’ve got a 1976 Guild D-25M that I bought new, the company is now based in California and have “revamped” the entire line, I can’t really replace it for a reasonable sum compared to purchase price back then.
Sorry, that went riding off the rails like a crazy train!
Time for some lunch!

Back