Stokerlog Version 6

Originally posted by Steve Story:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amir:
OK, Android it is! Now, I have a lot of learning to do to port it there
icon_smile.gif

Hi Amir - just wanted to check to see if you have had any progress on the Android app. If you need any testing done, I can help out. I have an HTC EVO and Motorola Xoom tablet that are both Android platforms. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve, I use my XOOM and my Bionic to control the stoker, but not directly. I have my home PC running stokerlog and then use a program called teamviewer (free for non-commercial) to log into the home PC from all my devices. Not native, but pretty close...

i have 2 problems with this

1. i get ann error message of microsoft.net framework " unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click continue the application will ignore this and attempt to continue if you click quite the application will close immediatley. accesss to the path c:\program files(x86)\amirmsoftware\stokerlog\telnet_input.txt" is denied

2. when i continue and run program the pit prob indicates on program it is 32 when it is 70 on the stoker
how do i fix these

That is a known bug with Windows 7. You need to run Stokerlog as Administrator. Please see instructions earlier in this thread if you don't know how to do that.

Originally posted by steve a:
doesnt recognize fan running win 7 pro
I have the same problem. Occasionally it does show the fan status, but I would say it's less than 10% of the time. Anyone else see this problem (I'm using 64-bit Win7).

If you mean the bar graph doesn't work right, yes, I have seen that. It seems like a .Net problem.

If it is something else, then no, I have not seen that. Note that stokerlog requires that you associate the fan with your pit probe in the browser prior to using stokerlog.

I seem to be having the same issue as Darrin/Steve/Ryan. I have associated the fan with the pit probe, and it works fine (as far as the fan turning on/off), but Stokerlog does not show the status of the fan (neither the graph at the bottom or the indicator bar at the top). I'm running Win7-64bit, 2.6.254 stoker firmware, and the latest Stokerlog. If anyone has any troubleshooting tips, i'm all ears.

Did a test run with everything, and realized I also have the alarm issue that somebody else described (i.e., the alarms within Stokerlog reset to Off whenever Stokerlog refreshes the data from the Stoker (either via the periodic background update or the F5 manual update). Updating of the target target temps for both pit and food sensors works correctly though.

This is in addition to the fan indicator issue I mentioned 2 posts above. Not sure if I'm doing anything boneheaded, but if anybody has any tips, please do let me know.

And Amir, thanks for all your work on this, Stokerlog is awesome.

Thanks Jason. I have to see if I can replicate that problem. I have a terrible cold right now but once my head gets clear, I will look into it.

And yes, Alarms work that way it seems. I am trying to see if there is a good fix but so far, it seems like fair amount of work.

Appreciate your help.

Just to clarify, it's the alarm within Stokerlog that is shutting off on its own (i.e., if i click either probe's alarm to on within Stokerlog, it switches back to off at the next periodic update/communication with the Stoker.), resulting in no alarms being enabled.

Amir,

Have you considered StokerLog with open source code. There are many users that have the ability to add features to the program. (I'm not one of them)

I'm somewhat confused. Is this firmware only for the new black model or is this something I should be using with the white-coloured one I purchased last summer?

You can put your "old" stoker on your network very easily w/o wifi.

Buy a NETGEAR XAVB101 Powerline AV Ethernet Adapter Kit. Attach an ethernet cable from your router to one of the little white boxes and plug it into the wall. You already have power at your Stoker right? Just add another outlet and plug the other little white box into this outlet. Run an ethernet cable from the little white box to the Stoker and set its IP address. Your home electrical wiring is used to transfer data between the two little white boxes.

I tried the well documented "game router" method just to have Wifi and it was a PITA. Using this ethernet cheater always works.

Ok I have been using Stokerlog for a long while now without any problems. But for some reason I cannot get the twitter feed to work. Email logging works great, everything works great, just twitter. I know that I am missing something basic, but cannot figure out what it is.

Tweeter feed is broken Andy. Tweeter changed the way their system works and broke all the existing applications. I have started work on repairing it but it is a pain as it requires a browser to pop up to get you to type in a pin, etc.

I am debating if I want to fix it how stoker did with reduced security or do it right with the pop up and such. For now, use stoker tweeter feature.

Is there any known problem where the fan is disabled if anything is changed in stokerlog?

I'm using SL 6.7 and the blackbox with the new wifi firmware. This wasn't an issue for me with the old firmware. I've been running SL as an administrator, and in vista mode.

If I so much as change the temperature, the fan stops running. Temperature logging will still occur though. To fix this I have to stop SL, reboot the controller, and sometimes i'll even have to re-associate the blower with the pit probe.

Thanks,

Doug

Back