Stokerlog Version 6

Originally posted by Amir:
Doug, thanks for the snapshots. It is hard for me to see what is going on there as the images are too fuzzy. Focusing on the one blower scenario, both stokerlog snapshots seem the same. And the association seems to be staying.

Can you do me a favor? Call Rock and ask them if they have tested WiFi unit with stokerlog? Long time ago I reached out to them to make sure they test with it or give me access to it. I do not have a unit so we are at the mercy of them having done the work in a way that doesn't break stokerlog.

Despite popularity of stokerlog, I have never understood why they don't make it a release criteria for their software and it requires me chasing to make it work again
icon_frown.gif

I've been using stoker logs with Wifi since firmware release. Smoking 1-2 times a week with out a hicup. So it does work.

Clinth

I figured it was a problem for only a few people, as the boards aren't buzzing with it. There are some others who have had this problem as well though.

What sort of environment are you running Stoker Log under Clinth?

Maybe I will try re-installing the firmware to see if that fixes things...

Originally posted by Clinth:

I've been using stoker logs with Wifi since firmware release. Smoking 1-2 times a week with out a hicup. So it does work.

Clinth
Good to know it does work for some! Still no sign of my evaluation unit. As soon as I get it I will work on putting it through its paces.

Originally posted by Doug Morford:
I figured it was a problem for only a few people, as the boards aren't buzzing with it. There are some others who have had this problem as well though.

What sort of environment are you running Stoker Log under Clinth?

Maybe I will try re-installing the firmware to see if that fixes things...

I have windows 7 Ultimate, I have it set to run as "Administrator". I figure I would share just so Amir knows it does work for some
icon_smile.gif
and all his hard work is appreciated!!

Clinth

The name "stokerlog" comes from its very first function: logging the temperatures to a text file which you can then input to any program you want to do perform additional computations. The file name is stokerlog.txt. You can change/see its path by going to Settings->Advanced.

Adding an average temp is easy to do if there is enough demand for it. The program gives you an indirect indication of it Fire Control Statistics/Stability. Whatever that percentage is, is your deviation from the target temp. There are two numbers there for short-term and long-term stability.

Thanks Amir, the values in the text file should be sufficient.
BTW, I loaded the latest version of StokerLog, but if I click on Help/About it tells me it's v4.1 ???

I'm running XP.

You must be running a very old version. Please remove the old version and install the one in this thread again.

BTW, currently I show the % deviation from target temp. Is an average temp more useful than this?

I'm a process control engineer so I see StokerLog with that context.

Percent deviation has the same use as absolute deviation with is shown, albeit in small font in my version.

Current deviation is a useful measure of how far you are away from ideal right now. The average temp of the current log cycle will show how close you were for the entire cook or portion of the cook.

p.s. Uninstall and then re-install did the trick, now says July 2010.

Weird occurence ...
After running for three hours with intermittent loss of comms, but all recovered, I decided to ramp the setpoint temperature from 227F to 260F. I made the change to the trget on StokerLog then Updated the Stoker.

I expected to see the fan switch on, but nothing happened except the temperature started to fall dramatically. I went to the ip_address/main.html and saw that the Blower had been de-selected.

I quickly selected Blower1 for the Blower and saved the chnges. The fan then switched on and slowly turned the temperature around.

I wonder if StokerLog had deselected the Blower ?????

XP StokerLog6.7

I have noticed that with the newer Stoker Firmware after 2.6.0.254, StokerLog 6.7 seems to reset all alarms when you set them in StokerLog. Also when I set them in the Web interface of Stoker, it resets the alarms in StokerLog. I've also seen the disassociation of the blower when you mess the the temperature field. What I do is set all parameters via the web interface and just use StokerLog to visually track things.

Originally posted by JimA:
StokerLog 6.7 seems to reset all alarms when you set them in StokerLog.
A long time ago the Alarms in Stokerlog were made idependant and disconneted from the Alarms in the Stoker. This was by design and voted on by the users here.

As far as the blower disassociation when sending the update from the Stokerlog, this is something I have been hearing a lot from people with the Blackbox and new firmware.

Hopefully with Amir getting a Blackbox he will have time to make this fix.

So are all of these problems with the wireless box or is there a newer firmware for wired stoker that causes the disassociation?

I'm using the latest firmware (2.7.0.207) except for the version that supports the Black WiFi version. Mine is a white non-wifi version. Let me go back and do some rebuilds and document what I did and what I tested. I don't think I've seen that process documented yet here and I think a baseline is in order. I'm using a Win7 home starter edition Netbook and have used Stokerlog successfully on that, but had to play with the permissions on the stokerlog directory to get it to run correctly. I'll go back and redo all that and document that as well.

More later.....

I just upgraded mine to 2.6.0.254 and all is well on wired stoker. Is the stoker *shipping* with 2.7 revision of the firmware?

I can't remember what mine came with, but there are several features that I like that come with the newer firmware. Like changing the port from 80 to anything else. I may go back and test with 254.

I have the results of my first test in a PDF with screenshots. I'm not sure how to get it on this forum. I can always email it to someone.

Back