Stokerlog Version 6

Hi guys. Just a note that I decided to give up my hosting site and forgot that the stokerlog download was from there. So the link currently doesn't work. I will get it to another site in the next couple of days. Sorry about the inconvenience
icon_smile.gif

...and nevermind. I was not running in vista mode, i was running in XP sp3. Switching to vista fixed the problem.

StokerLog is really great Amir, thanks! By the way, I am also rooting for an android app for the stoker. It would be really nice.

OK guys. I put the link on my company's server. As I noted on the first page, Chrome automatically flags executable downloads as malicious if they have not had much downloads. Can you try to download it and report back what you see? I am hoping that after a few tries it will not do that: http://madronadigital.com/Downloads/SetupV67.msi

I am glad you sorted out the issue Doug. And yes, I will get around to an Android port one of these days
icon_smile.gif

Just installed v67 and I am having the Unhandled Exception issue. I'm using Vista on my PC. What now? It was working with v6.6 but not v6.7.
If you want me to run as administrator, please explain how to. Thanks.

Yes, it needs to run as admin.

Click on the Start Menu and type stokerlog but *don't* hit the return key. You should see stokerlog show up on the list above where you typed that. Move your mouse over stokerlog, right click on it and select Properties. Go to "Compatibility" tab and at the bottom check "Run this program as administrator."

Amir,
When I select Properties, I get tabs of General, Shortcut, Security and Details, but no Compatibility. I see no Run program as admin. anywhere.

Hmmm. Try this. Select All programs. Find stokerlog. Right click on it. Do you see an option as Run Administrator there?

Amir,
when I right click on Stokerlog, then Properties, then Advanced, that's when I get a box saying, "Choose the advanced properties you want for this shortcut." and the "Run as administrator" and "Run in separate memory space" boxes show, however they are faded and cannot be clicked on. Otherwise, the "Run as administrator" option does not appear as you have shown.

Looks like you are not the administrator on your machine. You have to login using that account to be able to make that change.

Alternatively, just wait a few days and I will see if I can post the version which doesn't require this.

Thanks Amir. Odd that my user account shows me as Administrator. Guess I'll have to wait for you to make the change.
I still wonder why I can't get Stokerlog to run as adminstrator.

Sorry Amir, I think I had fooled myself into thinking it was working. I'm still having the same problem.

If I make any changes via stokerlog, the blower associations get all messed up. When i'm using two blowers, the associations will even get swapped.

I'm using the black box with the new wifi firmware, running as an administer, and have tried running in every windows mode feasible.

Help!

Can you post screen shots of stokerlog and browser showing the issue Doug? And does it happen with one blower or two?

It happens with either one or two blowers.

Here is a shot of the browser. Everything works fine in the browser.

https://picasaweb.google.com/l...NyIk?feat=directlink

Here is a before and after shot of Stoker Log with one blower. The blower becomes un-associated with the probe as soon as I make a temperature change.

Here are some shots of Stoker Log with two blowers. If I make any changes, the blower for the dome turns off, and the uds blower becomes associated with the dome probe.

https://picasaweb.google.com/l...pFm0?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/l...pFm0?feat=directlink

Doug, thanks for the snapshots. It is hard for me to see what is going on there as the images are too fuzzy. Focusing on the one blower scenario, both stokerlog snapshots seem the same. And the association seems to be staying.

Can you do me a favor? Call Rock and ask them if they have tested WiFi unit with stokerlog? Long time ago I reached out to them to make sure they test with it or give me access to it. I do not have a unit so we are at the mercy of them having done the work in a way that doesn't break stokerlog.

Despite popularity of stokerlog, I have never understood why they don't make it a release criteria for their software and it requires me chasing to make it work again
icon_frown.gif

Thanks Amir.

There are only two difference between the picks. 1. The changed temperature 2. The pit temp continues to log, but the fan discontinues.

I'll call them and let you know what they say.

Originally posted by Amir:
Doug, thanks for the snapshots. It is hard for me to see what is going on there as the images are too fuzzy. Focusing on the one blower scenario, both stokerlog snapshots seem the same. And the association seems to be staying.

Can you do me a favor? Call Rock and ask them if they have tested WiFi unit with stokerlog? Long time ago I reached out to them to make sure they test with it or give me access to it. I do not have a unit so we are at the mercy of them having done the work in a way that doesn't break stokerlog.

Despite popularity of stokerlog, I have never understood why they don't make it a release criteria for their software and it requires me chasing to make it work again
icon_frown.gif
That's really too bad. One of the reasons I purchased the Stoker was to be able to see the graph of my cooker's temp using Stokerlog. I'm sure many others have been swayed in Stoker's direction for the same reason. I really would think that Rock's would be aware of that and treat it as a valuable sales incentive that should always be considered. Really, how much could it cost to supply you with every new hardware, firmware and software change to insure the continuance of Stokerlog to support their product.
Makes no sense to me. I used to write technical articles in the radio controlled car industry. Every major manufacturer of RC cars and support products used to send me every new product they had. I think Rock has some lessons to learn.
Maybe there's a way for all of us to get together and get Amir a Black Box for testing so that he can continue to update Stokerlog? What do you think? I'd be willing...

That's a great idea Arita, I would contribute to something like that. Perhaps Amir could set-up a paypal account where we could make some donations toward the cause.

I called Rock today. He says a few others have been calling about this problem, and that his software writer is going to look into it. I hope it doesn't take f o r e v e r . . .

Back