Stokerlog Version 6

Originally posted by Amir:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">2) When I setup a fire pit alarm via the web interface it works, but if I then update (F5) the StokerLog program, it shows no fire pit alarm.
I will check into this.
3) If I setup a Fire pit alarm via Stokerlog, it turns off the alarm that I use to see on the web interface.
I am 99% sure this is by design. in that I turn off all the alarm on stoker when you use stokerlog. The reason is that stokerlog alarms are only active on the PC now and so when you sync it with stoker, it lies to it as to them not being on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as I know what the behavior is, I can adjust. In reality, The alarms on the Stoker are useless for me because I'm inside the house watching sports, The alarm on the PC is the only one that really matters, so as long as I have that setup right, then I'm happy.

Jim A

Were you having twitter problems during an actual smoke or were you bench testing your Stoker? I found when bench testing I needed both temp probes plugged in and the pit probe plugged in for Twitter to work. During an actual smoke one temp probe and the pit probe was fine and twitter worked.
Dan

Okay, just finished the test on the bench. If I have at least the fire probe and one temp probe it tweets. I rechecked twitter from my cook yesterday and it started tweeting late in the day. What I did was run for 9 hours with just the fire probe and blower. Then I added 2 temp probes into the 2 pork butts. I never checked twitter after than, but today, I see that it tweeted after I added the 2 temp probes and restarted the Stoker.

BTW, do you know if you have to turn off the Stoker to add the temp probes?? I always do, but didn't know if it was required.

Jim A

Amir

Thanks for development of such a wonderful tool to use with the Stoker. Recently purchased additional temperature probes, and have run into the limitation of one pit sensor and three temperature probes.

Is there anyway to support additional probes? I have six probes plus one pit temperature probe.

Thanks is advance...

Dave

OK, so I found documentation for the special character that should pop open a second window for probes marked with an "*".

Maybe I need another fire probe for this to work, but what I get is my third food probe still showing up in the main window, and it throws an exception.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.CallMethod(Container BaseReference, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags InvocationFlags, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at StokerLog.StokerLog.Timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
StokerLog
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/StokerLog.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
ZedGraph
Assembly Version: 5.0.7.40149
Win32 Version: 5.0.7.40149
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/ZedGraph.DLL
AxInterop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

@dave
Maybe i am misunderstanding what you are trying to do but i have run dozens of cooks with 4 food probes and 2 air temp probes using stokerlog version 6.7. No special characters or anything. All of my probes are the older style, so maybe that is a factor.
Here are a couple of lines from my log.

date, time, air probe 1, temp set point, air probe 2, food 1,2,3,4

Temps, 7/4/2011 11:34:59 PM,233.7,230,218,117.7,117,114.6,124.3
Temps, 7/4/2011 11:36:00 PM,233.4,230,218,118.2,117,115.2,125
Temps, 7/4/2011 11:37:00 PM,230.9,230,218,118.8,117.5,115,125.7
Temps, 7/4/2011 11:38:01 PM,230.3,230,219.4,118.8,118.2,115.7,124.8
Temps, 7/4/2011 11:39:01 PM,233.9,230,219.2,119.3,118.9,116.4,125.4

Thanks for the reply Jeff. I'm trying to run 1 pit probe and 6 meat probes in my smoker. All I can get to show up is 1 pit and 3 meat probes, and that's only if I start stokerlog up with only those probes plugged into the stoker. If I have more than that plugged in, it will throw the exception listed in a previous post.

Do you see all the probes on a single screen?

Jeff, you got me thinking that maybe I wasn't running the latest stokerlog, and as it turns out I wasn't. I'm installing it now and will report my findings when complete. Thanks for your feedback.

Jeff, thanks again! I just installed 6.7 and all is working as I would expect. Guess that's what I get for thinking instead of verifying...

First of all, "Thank you" to Amir. My laptop was in the shop last week and I had to run the Stoker without Stoker Log for the first time in quite a while. Fortunately, I was making ribs, so it was a simple cook. But I realized how much I love being able to use the Stoker Log features.

Yesterday I spent several hours trying to figure out how to make a nice icon for the Stoker Log shortcut on my desktop. Problem is, I'm WAY less knowledgeable about computers than most of the folks on this forum - but I think I can do anything if I just fiddle long enough. Well, not for this! Has anyone developed a "hot" desktop icon? And, if so, can anyone point me to step-by-step instructions on how to get it to appear on my Stoker Log shortcut?

Another quick question - I'm running V6.7. Is that the latest release?

Thanks,
Jeff

Thanks for the kind words Jeff
icon_smile.gif

Stokerlog has a boring icon because I have not bothered to create one! If someone can donate one, I can put it in the program and the you don't have to do anything.

What about a Mac version?
icon_biggrin.gif

I just fire up Parallels to run Win 7 but a Mac version sure would be nice. Any easy way to port your code over to the dark side?

Really appreciate he Stoker Log app. Nice work.

Hi Amir,

A member of this forum sent me a jpg graphic he designed. I tried to send it to the email address on your blog, but it bounced back. I you contact me at jhayeswildrick at hotmail dot com, I'll be happy to pass it along.

-Jeff

Thanks for the kind words Jeff
icon_smile.gif

Stokerlog has a boring icon because I have not bothered to create one! If someone can donate one, I can put it in the program and the you don't have to do anything.

Amir,

Did you get a chance to look into the alarm polarity between the Stoker Web control page and your Stoker Log program? I'm still noticing that if I set the alarms with the web control page, then it resets them in Stoker log and vice versa.

Jim a

Thanks Jeff. I just sent you an email.

And no Jim, I have not had time to get into the program at all. I am travelling but if I find some time, i will look into it
icon_smile.gif

OK, Android it is! Now, I have a lot of learning to do to port it there
icon_smile.gif

Hi Amir - just wanted to check to see if you have had any progress on the Android app. If you need any testing done, I can help out. I have an HTC EVO and Motorola Xoom tablet that are both Android platforms.

I have a very simple icon I use for StokerLog - just a WSM with "Stoker" across the top and "Log" down the right side, both in red letters.
ScreenHunter_01Jan100956.jpg

I don't know how to post it so that it could be downloaded, since it is an .ico file. I can attach it to an email, if anyone is interested.

Back