Stokerlog Version 6

Hi Amir:

I was tired on Saturday after the cook, and somewhat frustrated with my computer. I'm going to try another cook either this or next weekend, with a fresh reboot of my Win7 system to try and isolate the issue, I'm guessing it is probably something on my end vs the software.

Is there anything I can do in terms of software updates to make sure I am maximizing my chance of success?

FYI,

You can now change the Web Server Port from the default PORT 80 with the latest beta version 2.7.0.31 of the Stoker software

www. kaytat. com

Originally posted by Darrin H:
Hi Amir:

I was tired on Saturday after the cook, and somewhat frustrated with my computer. I'm going to try another cook either this or next weekend, with a fresh reboot of my Win7 system to try and isolate the issue, I'm guessing it is probably something on my end vs the software.

Is there anything I can do in terms of software updates to make sure I am maximizing my chance of success?
You shouldn't need anything.

By the way, you don't need to be cooking to test this. Just connect to stoker, set the blower temp to below room temperature being shown and see if the fan indicator comes on. Indeed, it is best to do this indoor so that you can see/hear the fan next to your computer.

Also, there is a simulation mode in stokerlog that runs without stoker. Run that and make sure the fan indicator shows there. If so, we know the stokerlog itself is healthy.

Originally posted by Amir:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darrin H:
Hi Amir:

By the way, you don't need to be cooking to test this. Just connect to stoker, set the blower temp to below room temperature being shown and see if the fan indicator comes on. Indeed, it is best to do this indoor so that you can see/hear the fan next to your computer.

Also, there is a simulation mode in stokerlog that runs without stoker. Run that and make sure the fan indicator shows there. If so, we know the stokerlog itself is healthy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll do some testing later tonight when I get home
icon_smile.gif

i had the message on 2.1.320 upgraded and now on version 2.7.0.31 windows 7 and getting this error ... any ideas

length cannot be less than zero parameter name :length

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
at StokerLog.StokerLog.ResetGraph(ZedGraphControl zg1) in F:\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\stoker\Stoker\Stoker\Stokerlog.vb:line 1269
at StokerLog.StokerLog.StartButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\stoker\Stoker\Stoker\Stokerlog.vb:line 374
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
StokerLog
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/StokerLog.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
ZedGraph
Assembly Version: 5.0.7.40149
Win32 Version: 5.0.7.40149
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/ZedGraph.DLL
AxInterop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

ok i think i got it ....
rebooted
tried it again
then it came up with the permission issue
set it to run as admin ...
it works ...
now time to play with the new features.

You can now change the Web Server Port from the default PORT 80 with the latest beta version 2.7.0.31 of the Stoker software

www.kaytat.com

This is very helpful to those who do not have a router with Port Translation when PORT 80 is blocked by their ISP.

Originally posted by Darrin H:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amir:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darrin H:
Hi Amir:

Also, there is a simulation mode in stokerlog that runs without stoker. Run that and make sure the fan indicator shows there. If so, we know the stokerlog itself is healthy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll do some testing later tonight when I get home
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've been sick for the past week or so, I'm hoping to get caught up so I can look at this in the next few days. One question: should I be running the app as admin? I havent been but will if that might help.

Yes, you need to run as admin. I have it fixed but waiting to get twitter working before posting the version that doesn't require admin.

I put this in another thread but I guess I should have put it here. I am running a Windows 7 machine and I have everything I think set up correctly. But I seem to be having problems connecting to the stoker (I am using an ethernet or cross over cable)

This is the error

Access to the path C:\Program Files\AmirMSoftware\StokerLog\telnet_input.txt' is denied.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\AmirM Software\StokerLog\telnet_input.txt' is denied.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
at StokerLog.StokerLog.Timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\stoker\Stoker\Stoker\Stokerlog.vb:line 1064
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
StokerLog
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/StokerLog.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
ZedGraph
Assembly Version: 5.0.7.40149
Win32 Version: 5.0.7.40149
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/ZedGraph.DLL
AxInterop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I have tried to read but still can't figure this out. Sorry if it has been asked before.

Sorry, this is is a known problem with Win7. Just run the program as administrator. The instructions are in this page or last.

Originally posted by Amir:
OK, Android it is! Now, I have a lot of learning to do to port it there
icon_smile.gif

Hi Amir -- just wanted to check on the status of the Android app. How's it coming along? You ready for any testers -- I'll volunteer.

We are coming into the slow part of our season so this would be a great time to play with a new gadget.

Thanks again Amir for the awesome job you have done with StokerLog.

Thanks for the interest Steve. Unfortunately I have gotten way too busy at work so have not had time to spend on this. I agree with the colder weather out there, there is more time indoor to play around. My priority is to button down the next incremental release of stokerlog and then move on to other things.

I recent upgaded to version 2.7.0.31 of the firmware on my Stoker. Most normal things are working fine, I can use the web interface to setup and monitor everything. The StokerLog program also still works but with alarm issues. Below is what I've noticed as odd:

1) Twitter via Supertweet no longer works.
2) When I setup a fire pit alarm via the web interface it works, but if I then update (F5) the StokerLog program, it shows no fire pit alarm.
3) If I setup a Fire pit alarm via Stokerlog, it turns off the alarm that I use to see on the web interface.
4) StokeMaster iPhone App also has the same polarity issue with the alarms as StokerLog.

Anyone else seeing these issues?

I am using the 2.7.0.31 software and supertweet/twitter is working fine. Were you having twitter problems during an actual smoke or were you bench testing your Stoker? I found when bench testing I needed both temp probes plugged in and the pit probe plugged in for Twitter to work. During an actual smoke one temp probe and the pit probe was fine and twitter worked. I know it doesnt make any sense but that is my experience. Maybe it has something to do with data packet size. I posted this result in an earlier thread. Bottom line supertweet/twitter works good with latest software.

I never tried to change alarms with Stokerlog. I usually have alarms off at Stoker and on in Stokerlog. So I am no help here.

I have same problem with Stokemaster but with the blower. If I turn blower on at Stokemaster it turns blower off at Stoker and vise-versa. I am afraid to use Stokemaster as it seems to cause opposite things at Stoker. Dan

2) When I setup a fire pit alarm via the web interface it works, but if I then update (F5) the StokerLog program, it shows no fire pit alarm.
I will check into this.
3) If I setup a Fire pit alarm via Stokerlog, it turns off the alarm that I use to see on the web interface.
I am 99% sure this is by design. in that I turn off all the alarm on stoker when you use stokerlog. The reason is that stokerlog alarms are only active on the PC now and so when you sync it with stoker, it lies to it as to them not being on.

Were you having twitter problems during an actual smoke or were you bench testing your Stoker? I found when bench testing I needed both temp probes plugged in and the pit probe plugged in for Twitter to work. During an actual smoke one temp probe and the pit probe was fine and twitter worked. I know it doesnt make any sense but that is my experience. Maybe it has something to do with data packet size. I posted this result in an earlier thread. Bottom line supertweet/twitter works good with latest software.
Dan

I only had the fire probe and blower plugged in so if it required a meat temp probe, that maybe the problem. I'll test this on the bench with a blower, fire probe and 1/2 temp probes and see.

Jim A

Back