Stick immersion blenders - any reccos of buy and/or avoid?

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I'm looking to buy a stick blender/immersion blender. Mainly for homemade mustards, mayos, small whipped cream batches and loose sauces.

I have a solid blender for heavier loads (Blendtec which I'm super happy with).

Maybe some frozen fruit smoothies in a cup if that works but thats not a P1 as the Blendtec does a great job on frozen mixed drinks (adult and kid friendly kinds).

So what says you on stick blenders? Seeking a quality product that will last a long time, SS lower parts for easy cleanup/no rust/longevity.

No battery op units as I don't want to have charger bases on my countertops.

3... 2... 1.... go for it!

Last edited:
I have a Cuisinart with a couple of heads. The head comes off and is easy to wash. Let me see if I can find a model number. It‘s been a great piece of equipment!
I think it looks like CSB-79. I’ve had it ten years, no problems. I don’t use it daily but, it has done everything I’ve asked of it.

Last edited:
I have a very old and basic one (Cuisinart I think) one speed, no interchangeable heads. Works like a champ. I would love one that did not need to be plugged in though. Especially when I use it at the stove or the sink

My wife has used this Braun to make smoothies and juice multiple times per day for 5-6 years. I use it a few times a year for pureeing sauces. 2 speeds are nice to have.

We only use the steel blade head, so could have bought the one with fewer accessories. The potato masher is useless and I've never needed a 1000rpm whisk. I don't think we ever used the chopper bowl.

Braun Multiquick 5 Vario Hand Blender (SS Blending Shaft+1.5C Chopper+ Masher + Whisk+ Beaker), MQ5027, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097GRQ1S5/?tag=tvwb-20

Last edited:
I was just at Costco looking at these- for some reason the price was less at the store (I am pretty sure)

Looks like a nice kit

I am a fan Costco- they won’t sell something that doesn’t meet their standards, they have a great return policy

AND

They treat their employees well- a huge consideration in my opinion.

I like to make carrot soup, and the immersion blender is worth it just for that operation.

Mine is a Braun. I probably only use it a few times a year, but it's so much easier than transferring usually hot liquid into the blender. Anyway, you just twist off the lower half and throw it in the dishwasher.

Ours also is a Braun. Model MQ505 ( Braun MultiQuick 5 Immersion Hand Blender )
Good unit !
Bought this unit based upon America's Test Kitchen's recommendations.

Last edited:
I have the Breville below. I bought it in Aug 2017 according to amazon. works great in large deep pots or shallow ones. I rarely use any of the attachments.

I was just at Costco looking at these- for some reason the price was less at the store (I am pretty sure)

Looks like a nice kit

I am a fan Costco- they won’t sell something that doesn’t meet their standards, they have a great return policy

AND

They treat their employees well- a huge consideration in my opinion.

I like to make carrot soup, and the immersion blender is worth it just for that operation.
same boat. costco for the win and their return policy is stellar.

so which one are you buying ?

The main thing I blend is soup, second only to soup, and sometimes I'll make soup.

I have a great cold spicy broccoli soup, a good quick tomato, a nice butternut squash, even tried asparagus once or twice.

reminds me, I need to make some soup.

The main thing I blend is soup, second only to soup, and sometimes I'll make soup.

I have a great cold spicy broccoli soup, a good quick tomato, a nice butternut squash, even tried asparagus once or twice.

Boy oh boy can I relate...
Vichyssoise was the first, second and third item blended.... :)

Still reading. Leaning towards at least 500 watts, prefer SS. I’m figuring some deals are about to sprout as the holiday season approaches.

I love to make soup too. One of my favorites is turkey noodle soup with homemade egg noodles. I use the immersion blender on the vegetables I put in the stock along with the turkey carcass. I double or triple strain the stock before making the soup. I like to maximize the flavor and color that the carrots, celery, and onions add to the broth. Try it, you'll love it.

Back