Stealth Edition

My gen 2 has bridged once I know for sure, and possibly up to three times, in about two months and a dozen cooks maybe?

I had been watching the hopper for level and after I found the last for sure bridge, I make it a point to really get in there with my hand and work the pellets around.

I’m used to working charcoal, so this is nothing. Works thus far

My gen 2 has bridged once I know for sure, and possibly up to three times, in about two months and a dozen cooks maybe?

I had been watching the hopper for level and after I found the last for sure bridge, I make it a point to really get in there with my hand and work the pellets around.

I’m used to working charcoal, so this is nothing. Works thus far
I get “working pellets“ is not a big deal. But it does suck to buy a smoker that should be able burn low and slow overnight on its own mechanics but you just can’t trust it.

My Gen2 with lubed slide still bridges even though the finger guard was removed..... Don't know how to fix it
I use this custom tool to keep them mixed up, ✋🏻I don’t really have an issue mixing some pellets every 5-6 hours, gives me something to do.

I was hoping that they would be boasting about fixing the temp controllers, beefing up internal parts that are prematurely failing, extending the warranty, and you know stuff to give some confidence in a product that has had so many problems. Like what Hyundai had to do with their 10 year warranty to get people to trust their cars again. I would not go near another EX4 without a 10 year warranty.

Interesting. Well, I still wouldn’t buy a Hyundai even with a lifetime warranty 🤣 I’ll stick to my good old reliable Dodges👍

It appears internals have been upgraded. To what extent exactly I don’t know. Bruno apparently has gotten them for his Gen 2 (or was it a gen 1?) via warranty. Should he same as this Stealth/gen 3(?) unit has.

Diff’rent strokes I suppose.

Interesting. Well, I still wouldn’t buy a Hyundai even with a lifetime warranty 🤣 I’ll stick to my good old reliable Dodges👍

It appears internals have been upgraded. To what extent exactly I don’t know. Bruno apparently has gotten them for his Gen 2 (or was it a gen 1?) via warranty. Should he same as this Stealth/gen 3(?) unit has.

Diff’rent strokes I suppose.
Gen 1, I’m also not entirely sure what I’ve received, I have only compared the pellet slide and that is thicker, the fire pot seems really stout but I haven’t removed the old one yet. Still waiting on a part to make the swap.

The changes are a beefed up fire pot and surrounding metal, heavier casters, improved igniter assembly, and a steeper slope in the pellet hopper. And the cosmetics of the Stealth.
Was about to pull the trigger on an EX4 and then I saw your post about a beefed up fire pot. Most of the new stuff on the Stealth are not critical enough to me to warrant a 200-300 price increase (light, color, hopper change...) however if they changed the fire pot I may reconsider and wait for the stealth version. Do you mind sharing where you saw a mention of a change to the fire pot?

Was about to pull the trigger on an EX4 and then I saw your post about a beefed up fire pot. Most of the new stuff on the Stealth are not critical enough to me to warrant a 200-300 price increase (light, color, hopper change...) however if they changed the fire pot I may reconsider and wait for the stealth version. Do you mind sharing where you saw a mention of a change to the fire pot?
If you need an excuse to visit Virginia. How about a brand new never cooked on EX4 with an extra NEW cookbox for $425;-) It is a gen 1 but by the time you get here I will have all the parts for it to be a Gen 2.

If you need an excuse to visit Virginia. How about a brand new never cooked on EX4 with an extra NEW cookbox for $425;-) It is a gen 1 but by the time you get here I will have all the parts for it to be a Gen 2.
Thanks for the offer but I'm from Canada...That's quite a drive for an EX4 :)

I belong to the Facebook group Weber Smokefire Wood Fired Pellet Grill Owners Group and one of our members owns a BBQ store in Ca.. he told us that his Weber rep had told him about the updated internals in the Stealth. If you plan to do a lot of high heat cooking then having the beefier parts is a good move. I don't now how well my Gen 1 parts will hold up to my occasional high heat cook. Most of my cooks are below 300 and after 20 months I have no signs of metal erosion on my internals.

Joe,
I wish you were closer to my in-laws in Danville. I would have a hard time saying no to that deal!

I thought you sold that. Did you get another? I'm in NOVA and may be tempted.

I thought you sold that. Did you get another? I'm in NOVA and may be tempted.
This was another one. I just got a Venmo deposit and should be picked up tomorrow. If you want a spare firebox for free let me know or I will offer it to the buyer, but doubt he will want it or have room in his jeep for it.

Back