Stealth Edition

The black-out, stealth look is kind of cool as a change, but I would worry about clean-up. The stainless would seem to be a lot safer for that. I can see that black finish coming off over time. Similar to the "dark" stainless appliances that I have heard can scratch too easily.

Interesting reboot does the ash catcher look different to anyone else? Looks smaller to me. Wonder what else is different inside...

1642527147208.png

After at first getting very excited that we were going to see something very new, I realized that this is more a holding pattern model (probably while they DO work on what the next pellet grill might be). For cost reasons, I don't see them doing anything to change the design other than adding doodads and a new color option. I think another idea they should look at is making the porcelain hood in other colors. A blue, red or even ivory hood might generate some new interest. And a KETTLE pellet grill!!!

The changes are a beefed up fire pot and surrounding metal, heavier casters, improved igniter assembly, and a steeper slope in the pellet hopper. And the cosmetics of the Stealth.

I like all of that. Beefed up surrounding metal sounds nice, especially on cold nights. But I am not going to replace my EX4 for it.

I'm really hoping the beefed up internals will fit our EX's. Also shows the SF is here to stay. Not so crazy about the light inside. I hear the Rectec's get smoked up and aren't very bright. Like the casters.

I'm really hoping the beefed up internals will fit our EX's. Also shows the SF is here to stay. Not so crazy about the light inside. I hear the Rectec's get smoked up and aren't very bright. Like the casters.
Bruno already received the beefed up replacement parts for his grill so they'll fit. Changing dimensions increases costs and Weber's strategy seems to be to avoid that.

The changes are a beefed up fire pot and surrounding metal, heavier casters, improved igniter assembly, and a steeper slope in the pellet hopper. And the cosmetics of the Stealth.
Is the hopper slope steeper than the Gen2 slope ? Is it an insert or built in ??

Is the hopper slope steeper than the Gen2 slope ? Is it an insert or built in ??
I don't know the answer to that but I'll see if I can find out. I took it as steeper than Gen 2 in the context that it was stated. My Gen 1 with the Gen 1 slope feeds fine with the UHMW tape on the slope so it's not important to me. Like Bruno, I want to keep my Gen 1 running for a long time. My goal is that it passes to my son when they execute my will. :)

My Gen2 with lubed slide still bridges even though the finger guard was removed..... Don't know how to fix it

Back