Steaks of Pork

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
it's been over a month since i ate a pork steak...? i can't believe it!
marinated these in Stubb's Pork Marinade overnight then seasoned with Stubb's Chile-Lime Rub

DSCN3009.JPG

over an inch thick, these will be cooked indirect for at least an hour.
chunks of pear tree wood were used for a mild smoke
skinned yams were EVOO'd then slabbed also over an inch thick & tossed into a CIS

DSCN3010.JPG

back to the Steaks of Pork

DSCN3013.JPG

DSCN3016.JPG

DSCN3017.JPG

after 70 minutes or so, i smeared a tablespoon of sauce, Original Blues Hog, over each steak, both sides.
then lettem sit in it for another 15 minutes about.

DSCN3021.JPG

a short time later, dinner was plated with the yams and some green beans & diced nopales
t2823.gif

DSCN3023.JPG

DSCN3025.JPG

ManAlive, the steak was Perfect!
Get some Today! & Cook'em Up! You'll L♥V'em Too!!

Thank you for visiting! Let's go Bowl now!
2438873.png

That looks great. Pork steaks are not commonly seen on the shelves around here, but I did see some thin ones in a meat counter recently. I'd like to try it, but I think I may be better off buying a single butt and slicing my own thicker steaks.

Jim - Whenever I see your pork steaks I say - "I gotta have some of those!"...but then I see them in the store and I say - "I can't cook them like Lampe". One of these days I'm gonna man up and do it! They look awesome!

Taters´n´steaks looks Cataclysmic! One day my friend...ONE day i will order just that for my visit!

I don't think I've ever seen that cut of pork at the supermarket round here. Maybe I'll look at one of the specialty meat places and get some. They look fantastic.

thanks for all your kind words :)

What's your address again?
just come to Raymond and ask the 1st person you see where the Pigvilion is, they'll tell ya Rolf :)

Pork steaks are not commonly seen on the shelves around here, but I did see some thin ones in a meat counter recently. I'd like to try it, but I think I may be better off buying a single butt and slicing my own thicker steaks.
Chris, ask your butcher to cutya some steaks bout 3 quarter to an inch thick, they'll do it :cool:

Jim - Whenever I see your pork steaks I say - "I gotta have some of those!"...but then I see them in the store and I say - "I can't cook them like Lampe". One of these days I'm gonna man up and do it! They look awesome!
Jim, TOMORROW is one of those days... makin' these steaks is like fryin' an egg... it's daggum ez.

I don't think I've ever seen that cut of pork at the supermarket round here. Maybe I'll look at one of the specialty meat places and get some. They look fantastic.
again, Frank, go with Chris and ask the butcher to cutcha some... they'll be happy to:D

Thanks again folks!:eek:

Very nice cook, Jim its clear you love nopalitos, have you ever tried nopalitos mixed with eggs for breakfast, we ate this a lot growing up at the ranch.

Back