Steaks and Sprouts

Luke P

TVWBB All-Star
Beautiful day out, and had to fire up the grill for a quick sirloin steak. My wife baked brussel sprouts in the oven. They're amazing!

Kinda a big lump of meat, but its marinated in A1 and Worstechire. Salt and pepper. Got the performer cranking at 500, and ready to sear!
image_zps7bffe382.jpg

image_zpsc8d9cfff.jpg

Seperated the filet for my wife, and cooked it in pieces. Lot easier than flipping that big beast.
image_zps30ce38ed.jpg

Didnt get the sear I wanted on my huge chunk of meat, but indirect, it cooked up perfectly. Pretty tough to keep the whole thing over the fire. Should have pulled the baskets and spread out the coals for this cook.
image_zpsda5cbaad.jpg

Here's your plate.
image_zps69135504.jpg

image_zps68b7ad38.jpg

In my opinion, this was the perfectly cooked steak for my taste. Delicious.

Charlie ate his piece right up...after 30 minutes of fighting him to eat 1 single brussel sprout :D
It's not that he doesn't like them. He just saw the huge piece of steak waiting for him. Can't say I blame him.
image_zps4c959566.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Dang...I haven't seen a full cut sirloin in about 30 years. It's got everything...bone, filet, and a piece of tri-tip. Thanks for the pics.

Dang...I haven't seen a full cut sirloin in about 30 years. It's got everything...bone, filet, and a piece of tri-tip. Thanks for the pics.

Is that really a part of tri tip at the "bottom" of sirloin? Been wondering what the third cut is. I have a few of these in freezer, and love the all-in-one cut.

Is that really a part of tri tip at the "bottom" of sirloin? Been wondering what the third cut is. I have a few of these in freezer, and love the all-in-one cut.

Yep, that top-left piece of meat in pic 4 (small piece in pic 3) is part of the tri tip. Judging by the bone shape, you got a second cut sirloin from the rump.

Back