Steak of the Month

Looks TERRIFIC Jim!
Can't say I've been to a Supper Club for at least the last 20 years.
The last time I remember, it was in Boulder Junction (Guide's Inn), way up nort Wisconsin.

Jim,

There's one near Racine that we've been to. I'll be sure to invite you next time we go.

I've decided that Wisconsin supper clubs and bars with Friday Fish-fries are my favorite places to eat. They may not have the greatest food in the world, but there is something very comfortable about them to me.

Jim

Last edited:
What the ???

COo2NuNU8AArJoN.jpg:large

Bingo, I was right!
What did I win!
I'm envious, been wanting to take one for a spin over the Santa Maria.

edit, I was typing while you were posting.
Please post your cook Jim.

Last edited:
I remember the second link, it IS an interesting cut.... and of course, I'd LOVE to try it!

Jim, you'll do well with this, yes, please POST PHOTOS!!

Just looked at Jerome's post a little while ago, the wow factor is sure there. Go for it Jim from what I've seen of your past posts you'll do great.

I also have one in the freezer. And I have the same dilemma of how to cook it. Jerome goes right with this beautiful cut of meat.

Sorry about the lack of results pictures for my Picanha. I came down with something the weekend I was going to cook, so the meat went into the freezer. I'm planning on cooking a Brazilian-style feast later this month.

Here's October's Steak of the Month.

CQ5qZEvUcAQZK6p.jpg

If you guessed "20oz Hanger Steak" you are a winner.

Hanger steak was the most frequently grilled steak this year at our home. Enjoy Jim, it's an amazing piece of meat.

Last edited:
Love Hanger steak. Our butcher does it as a special order for us, and sells it to us for the same price as mince (ground) beef, "as thats where we usually put it".

Go figure.

CREkzKOVEAAyWmo.jpg

I tried to be authentic, so I added pommes frites and haricots verts to my French bistro steak.
CREkqaEUsAAmXlx.jpg

A glass or two of French wine made this a perfect meal.

Back