Steak Night (more about the 'taters)

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Did some sous vide steaks tonight and accidentally charred them a bit. They were still good, but the potatoes were the star of the show, IMHO. Roughly followed the recipe from Weber's Greatest Hits. Instead of ham, I used bacon, and added some green onion into the mix. Definitely doing these 'taters again.

1604105809669.png

1604105856899.png

Those potatoes do look very good! Is "Weber's Greatest Hits" a compendium of recipes from other books? If so, do you know which one has the potato recipe?

wow! those spuds are hypnotising! A Caesar, and an gorgeous steak.. I like a good sear on the outside - looks pretty edible to me!

Those potatoes do look very good! Is "Weber's Greatest Hits" a compendium of recipes from other books? If so, do you know which one has the potato recipe?

It is. I just went through the other Weber books that I have and didn't find it in any of them. This is your basic twice baked potato recipe, with a few twists. Halve the potatoes, brush with oil and grill indirect for about 30 min (I cheated and used the oven for this step). Clean them out, mash the 'meat' and add milk, sour cream, gruyere, dijon, S&P and ham. Fill the skins back up and grill indirect for about 10 minutes (until heated through). Top with a little more cheese and, if desired, some chives or chopped parsley.

That cook is a winner to me Jim. Steak looks great. That Weber potato recipe is my go to recipe. I've been making it for years. The Gruyere and Dijon just rock.

Brad.. the recipe was originally found in Weber's Big Book.

Back