Steak Dinner

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
I found this 1 pounder yesterday during my "big shop" I was blown away at the marbling (this was marked as choice). Got a Salt Brine started last night and in the frig it went.
IMG_20210206_143459.jpg
Kept it super simple with just salt and pepper tonight.IMG_20210206_190804.jpg
Got some RO lump nice and hot. When the kettle got over 500 and I put the steak right over top, chicken breast on the outside.IMG_20210206_190817.jpg
Flipped.
IMG_20210206_225958.jpg
Ended up going 3 minutes on each side over the fire then indirect until it hit 130 and I pulled it.
After a nice rest.
IMG_20210206_190746.jpg
And plated.
IMG_20210206_230032.jpg
It really was at tender as I hoped, it was melt in your mouth good!

Last edited:
That looks great, Michael. You're right about the marbling - very nice. I find it pays to dig through the steak selection as you can often find some pretty nice Choice grade steaks. Although with COVID around, I tend to just eye things up and grab one so I'm not touching everything. ;)

I am telling you guys the beef was the star last night, I was just trying not to mess it up!
Well, you didn't. :) Looks great, Michael. You treated that "choice" steak like the star that it is! Can't wait to see what you do with your pork roast! :)

R

I've discovered that the key to tender beef and even chicken is to get those pieces salted a decent amount prior to cooking. If I know I'm having steaks the next day I take them out of the package and liberally salt them and put them in a gallon ziplock back in the fridge. But, even if I can get them salted a few hours prior to cook I feel like they are always more tender.

You nailed it on this steak. Chose a good one and it looks great.

Back