Starting some Holiday festivities!

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Beginning with Texas Twinkies:
2B948C95-6F91-487B-A872-D2316B2855A6.jpeg
Stuffed with cream cheese, brisket, mozzarella, a little green onion and, garlic.
I’ll put them on indirect on the kettle in a little bit.
I’ve got a more complicated cook coming next week, wanted a break from too much intricate work this week.
Burgers, creamed spinach, and hot dogs. Will round out the rest of the menu.

Back to the basics with me as well tonight; burgers, dogs, stuffed shrooms & a veggie platter!

Awesome. I'm getting ready to put some poppers on too. Using the sweet peppers, wife can't hang with Jalapenos

Awesome. I'm getting ready to put some poppers on too. Using the sweet peppers, wife can't hang with Jalapenos
Tony UK says he can’t get jalapeños in Aberdeen so he uses the little sweet peppers too, my wife requested these, she doesn’t do a lot of heat so, I was very pleased when she asked for them!

Looks great Tim. Barb makes some great poppers too, but not this year for the 4th. Started out with doing a roti chicken and sides then changed to some baby backs and BBQ beans and corn on the bone then she found out she has to work until 6: 30 tonight so it's burgers and fries tonight.
But she is off tomorrow so the ribs and sides will be tomorrow.
Good news is it rained really hard for about four hours yesterday and I'm sure we got more rain yesterday then we have had for the last year. Hopefully it will give the fire fighters a much needed break and maybe they will lift some of the fire restrictions.

Last edited:
Tony UK says he can’t get jalapeños in Aberdeen so he uses the little sweet peppers too, my wife requested these, she doesn’t do a lot of heat so, I was very pleased when she asked for them!
Those peppers look Good Tim. Do you use the same fillings as the hot peppers or change things up?

The filling is cream cheese, some green onion, chipotle tabasco, and a little garlic:
73540C68-FA9D-4257-9D29-499F9A288B98.jpeg
I’m not sure how Tony does his but, I just blitzed the stuff and tucked it right in wrapped and put them all on a rack, easy on easy off, much less headache than putting them on one at a time! It took me years to figure that one out! D’uh!

Yeah, the ribs were a very pleasant surprise! As Rich says they were in the “dog food” section! The OBR rub was fabulous on them! I’m going to go over to Lowe’s and get a few more bottles of the stuff!

The filling is cream cheese, some green onion, chipotle tabasco, and a little garlic:
View attachment 31958
I’m not sure how Tony does his but, I just blitzed the stuff and tucked it right in wrapped and put them all on a rack, easy on easy off, much less headache than putting them on one at a time! It took me years to figure that one out! D’uh!

Yeah, the ribs were a very pleasant surprise! As Rich says they were in the “dog food” section! The OBR rub was fabulous on them! I’m going to go over to Lowe’s and get a few more bottles of the stuff!
Thanks Tim. I will be trying them.

Back