Stanbroil Stainless Steel Cooking Grates For Weber Q

These grates have been amazing. I really like them for searing meat. I recently restored a Q320 with the cast iron grates, and to be honest I only use that grill for indirect cooking. The stainless grates on my Q2200 are my go to grates. As far as the gaps between the grates go, unless you're cooking something the size of a pencil you're good to go, and if you were grilling something that small, I would hope you were sharp enough to lay it across the grates!! LOL!! I'm searing loin chops tonight, will post some picks.
Regardless I don't believe the design is right for how a Q works and implying I am stupid is totally UNCALLED FOR! I know PERFECTLY well how to grill small items REGARDLESS of spacing. I JUST DISLIKE USING INFERIOR EQUIPMENT!!!!!!

Regardless I don't believe the design is right for how a Q works and implying I am stupid is totally UNCALLED FOR! I know PERFECTLY well how to grill small items REGARDLESS of spacing. I JUST DISLIKE USING INFERIOR EQUIPMENT!!!!!!
When I said "you", I did not mean "you" specifically, I meant "you" in general. I apologize if my reply was taken that way. "You" specifically are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that even if I disagree. I hope we can still be Weber Q friends!!

Hi Troy, do you mind sharing with us if a magnet would stick to these grates? Also, do you mind sharing what kind mods did you perform to get a higher temperature with your weber q? do you think they would function equally as well without the modifications to increase the heat output?

Hi Troy, do you mind sharing with us if a magnet would stick to these grates? Also, do you mind sharing what kind mods did you perform to get a higher temperature with your weber q? do you think they would function equally as well without the modifications to increase the heat output?]cmyk_7627A14__89747.1477032664.1500.1500.jpg
First thing is to get rid of the garbage regulators that come with these grills. I replaced mine with one similar to the one pictured. Then I opened up the gas orifice by 2000ths. Mine will reach 700 plus degrees, fantastic for searing meat. I did this 6 years ago, and it performs flawlessly to this day.
Without the mods, I think you would have to add more cooking time.
I will check the grates with a magnet tomorrow and let you know.

Last edited by a moderator:

With so much searing power, do you find it gets so hot that grease flashes into instant flames? My stock Q1200 already gets crazy hot if I preheat it for 10-15mins. Great for searing steaks but also dangerous if I try to sear juicy ribeyes with the lid down. I can't imagine what it'll be like if more gas was fed into the burner.

With so much searing power, do you find it gets so hot that grease flashes into instant flames? My stock Q1200 already gets crazy hot if I preheat it for 10-15mins. Great for searing steaks but also dangerous if I try to sear juicy ribeyes with the lid down. I can't imagine what it'll be like if more gas was fed into the burner.

No issues with flare ups, I grill Ribeyes all the time. You just need to keep the grill clean. Three min. each side to a 135 med/rare. Been doing this for 6 years, pretty tried and true.

No issues with flare ups, I grill Ribeyes all the time. You just need to keep the grill clean. Three min. each side to a 135 med/rare. Been doing this for 6 years, pretty tried and true.

With a freshly cleaned grill, I can sear two juicy ribeyes. On the third one, the residual grease drippings from the first two ribeyes will stick to the underside of the grates and firebox and cause huge flare ups if I sear a third one. Note this is if I have the q running as hot as possible and lid closed. With an infrared thermometer, the grates read around 700F.

Hi Troy, do you mind sharing with us if a magnet would stick to these grates? Also, do you mind sharing what kind mods did you perform to get a higher temperature with your weber q? do you think they would function equally as well without the modifications to increase the heat output?
Do you have problems getting your Q hot?
I've never had to modify any of my Qs and they are scorching hot.
You might want to clean your burner tube out. Remove it from grill, then scrub it really well with a grill brush. The use some sandpaper on it. Then take a toothpick, or dental pick to unclog any clogged burner holes. Sometimes you might even need to use a drill bit. Then shake the burner really well to remove any dust or crud in the tube. Blowing it with compressed air also works. Reinstall and you should be hot as new. Also, new burner tubes are less than $20 if you would rather just buy one.

Do you have problems getting your Q hot?
I've never had to modify any of my Qs and they are scorching hot.
You might want to clean your burner tube out. Remove it from grill, then scrub it really well with a grill brush. The use some sandpaper on it. Then take a toothpick, or dental pick to unclog any clogged burner holes. Sometimes you might even need to use a drill bit. Then shake the burner really well to remove any dust or crud in the tube. Blowing it with compressed air also works. Reinstall and you should be hot as new. Also, new burner tubes are less than $20 if you would rather just buy one.
Have gone through 4 burner tubes in six years, but stock only reaches 550 degrees even with a new burner, I prefer higher for a good sear.
I'm sure you are talking about cast iron grates also, I'm using stainless steel

Last edited:

Mine is a 2200 so I have plenty of room, never have to grill more than once. I can grill 6 Ribeyes at one time.

Magnet does not stick to grates

Troy: Did you ever post a link to those grates?
These, I think.

Weber Q100, Q1000 Series, Q1200, Q1400 Gas Grill, Replacement for Weber 7644
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T52ZVW6/?tag=tvwb-20

Weber Q200, Q220, Q2000, Q2200, Q2400 Series Gas Grill, Replacement Parts for Weber 7645
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T62TXL6/?tag=tvwb-20

Weber Q300, Q320, Q3000, Q3100, Q3200 Series Gas Grill, Replacement Parts for Weber 7646
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SZRYLC4/?tag=tvwb-20

The version with the rods with a flat plate underneath really look like they would be difficult to keep clean, especially with the newer "sponge" style brushes

The version with the rods with a flat plate underneath really look like they would be difficult to keep clean, especially with the newer "sponge" style brushes
I was wondering the same thing. Ill hope OP has some insight that can help me with my decision.

Magnet does not stick to grates
Hey Troy, any insight on cleaning these (see previous comments)? I'm about to pull the trigger and would love a final bit of input.

Also, do you line yours with foil? I've never had a Q and was curious to hear from someone who seems to use it quite a bit!

Back