Stanbroil Stainless Steel Cooking Grates For Weber Q

Copied and pasted their online delivery terms for the Q200/2000 grates.

Shipping costs & delivery
We usually send your orders with DHL. Shipments that are larger than the DHL maximum size of 120x60x60 are sent with GLS.

Shipping

Germany: 0.00 EUR

Austria: 9.00 EUR

Switzerland: 29.00 EUR - Free shipping, duty unpaid & untaxed. There are import sales tax (8%) and customs processing fees.

Orders to Switzerland are exempt from German VAT. When entering a Swiss delivery address in the ordering process, the German VAT will be deducted from the order amount.

Note: We may divide orders with more than one part into several individual shipments due to the size of the parcel, so these may arrive with a delay.

Belgium
Denmark
France
Luxembourg
Monaco
Netherlands
Austria
Poland
Czech. Rep.
Andorra
Great Britain
Italy
San Marino
Sweden
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Hungary
Vatican city

9.00 EUR

Bulgaria
Estonia
Finland
Greece
Ireland
Croatia
Latvia
Lithuania
Malta
Portugal
Romania
Cyprus

19.00 EUR

Liechtenstein
Switzerland
Albania
Bosnia-Herzeg.
Iceland
Macedonia
Moldova, Rep.
Montenegro
Norway
Serbia
Ukraine
Belarus

29.00 EUR

delivery time

The delivery times are given separately for each product.

In special cases (e.g. for very complex products or extensive orders): Delivery within 3 weeks from receipt of payment. In this case we will contact you in advance.

In the case of payment in advance, the deadline for delivery begins on the day after the payment order has been issued to the transferring bank or, in the case of other payment methods, on the day after the contract is concluded and ends with the expiry of the last day of the deadline. If the last day of the period falls on a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday recognized by the state at the place of delivery, the next working day takes the place of such a day.

The following delivery times generally apply:

Stock goods: 2-3 working days
Made to measure: 10 working days

Payment Methods

Payment in advance
Direct debit
bill
PayPal
Instant bank transfer
Credit card

Don't see the US on that list. Maybe supposed to be under the $29.00 EUR? I

t is very pricey but definitely looks to be the highest quality choice if a person is willing to go that high.

That's too bad. One time I wanted some BBQ rib glaze from a place Faith and I went to on a special anniversary vacation. They said they couldn't ship out of state. So, I paid the BBQ place to hold the glaze and found a pack and ship place down the road and convinced them to go and pickup and ship me the sauce! Yet another occasion my wife said I was crazy. I have never found a rib glaze like that from anyplace else.

Doing that in another country seems like a pretty tricky and expensive undertaking, but if a person REALLY wanted those 304 grates, I guess there if there is a will there's a way!

I'm a guy with two taste buds, sweet and salty. Oh, and maybe Tabasco. My family still remembers the time I got halfway through a hambuger before I noticed I forgot the patty.

But yeah, I agree, it's hard to justify that kind of effort and expense, unless you have a taste for the very best. Some people can really tell the difference but I couldn't.

Well as promised I figured I would post when I used the grates again. Last night had a taste for grilled catfish fillets. Put a little BBQ rub on them and slapped them on the new Q grates. As everyone knows fish proteins usually respond like Super Glue to hot grates. Pleasant surprise. No sticking at all! I lean they slipped around on those things almost like accusations off of Don Gotti's back. And the results were DELISH. Though the photos don't show it very well. The fish had a nice "sear crust", perfectly moist and tender inside. Other than I over salted them a but they were some of the best I have ever done. If I have one negative to say about these grates is this. OEM style or OEM CI grates have the area over the burners shaped like an inverted V. Ostensibly I am sure to channel drippings away from the burners. These (and others like them) have flats covering the burners. It seems drippings reach and clog the burner holes more easily. Jury is still out about this though and I will report back as more uses pile up. But so far very pleased
20201020_183045.jpg20201020_183054.jpg

Well as promised I figured I would post when I used the grates again. Last night had a taste for grilled catfish fillets. Put a little BBQ rub on them and slapped them on the new Q grates. As everyone knows fish proteins usually respond like Super Glue to hot grates. Pleasant surprise. No sticking at all! I lean they slipped around on those things almost like accusations off of Don Gotti's back. And the results were DELISH. Though the photos don't show it very well. The fish had a nice "sear crust", perfectly moist and tender inside. Other than I over salted them a but they were some of the best I have ever done. If I have one negative to say about these grates is this. OEM style or OEM CI grates have the area over the burners shaped like an inverted V. Ostensibly I am sure to channel drippings away from the burners. These (and others like them) have flats covering the burners. It seems drippings reach and clog the burner holes more easily. Jury is still out about this though and I will report back as more uses pile up. But so far very pleased
View attachment 16429View attachment 16430
The fillets look great! Just a thought, but if the drippings are clogging the burners, would a quick brushing of the burners every time you clean the grates alleviate the potential problem? Just a thought. Thanks for the honest reviews, i look forward to see how these grates fare in the long run; I was really excited about them but them being so magnetic has me somewhat concerned about their longevity.
Tim

Oh, Larry, one of the things that really bothered me on the CI grates was that they would clog up between the slats. I have not even brushed or scraped mine since the first cook and they are in great shape. Sure they have a coating of carbon from 5 or 6 cooks, but the holes are all clear and the stuff doesn't seem to be accumulating at all on top. I too was worried when I threw some un-oiled skinless chicken breasts on them and they didn't stick either. Burgers, steaks, skinless chicken breasts all cooked great for me. I also did some fish fillets but I put them in a pan and put that in the grill. I should have went your route but they did come out real good nonetheless. I have yet to burn a ribeye on mine. I keep going to the Genesis for that, but I will make it a point to use the Q200 next time.

I too will be looking for the burners to clog up prematurely as well. I don't care to have to clean burners after every cook. The nice thing about these grates is the low maintenance aspect for me. I just cook, turn it off and take the food in and eat. No going back out to clean it all up and re-oil the grates and all that.

Like I indicated the clogging may have been from me not cleaning them as well as I thought I had. I am going to keep an eye on this though as time goes by with these grates. For now, I am liking them a lot. I will report back as I discover new benefits or issues. Either way. Suffice to say, I am happy with them. Also the clogged area was just in one section. So it's just as likely I did not clean as well there to begin with. But, also note that 320 is pretty old. And the burner is the original one. So some slight corrosion may be rearing it's head a little. IIRC it's been like 5 years since we did our exchange. Correct? Maybe longer? So, if I elected to change the burner out for new I don't think that would be terrible performance.

Larry, I beleive that was about three years ago. I know those burners seem to do well for a long time with some regular cleaning, but after a point, they do seem to become much less resistant to corrosion and thus clogging.
So, you are using those grates on that Q3xx. For some reason, I thought you were using a Q2xx.

If you recall I had a Q2xx but traded it to you for the Q320 I currently have. I then ended up early last year or late the year before getting a second but a Q300 which I just left sitting around thinking that IF my daughter (#2) ever got a house I would give it to her. Well she did and I rebult it and I did give it to her. But the one I got from you is my only Q that I used. So it is now the one with those SS grates

Yah, I remember the grill exchange at HF in Madison. Glad it is working well for you. I have too many Q grills laying around. I wish they were better flip grills. They make excellent gift grills as you say though.

Looks to me like more and more promising results. I don't know if I would want to wire brush my burners EVERY cook, but on a Q it is a good idea to do that pretty regularly and use a plastic putty knife to push all the grease down into the drip pan. A five minute or so combined undertaking that will extend the service of your Q for quite a while.

Agreed Jon. I probably don't do those maintenance items as much as I should, but they are quick and easy and not required every cook.

Well last night I decided to burn some beef flesh. Specifically a Prime NY Strip I got at Sam's yesterday. One thing I did was I measured the temp of the grates and compared it to the lid temp after a stabilizing warm up. I find it pretty amazing at how close the lid temp matched the grate temps. As you also will see (but thanks to poor lighting not was well as I hoped) the steak did not develop distinct really dark lines. But, it did develop some wider flatter grill "markings" but more importantly (to me anyway) was the quality of the overall "crust" it had. It was very distinct and it made for a steak house quality experience. While it did not give the "eye candy" so many seem to strive for it gave something so much better. "mouth candy". That distinct Maillard reaction crust on a REALLY good steak. I have to say I was TRULY impressed with the quality and ease of cooking with these grates. IMO they're truly a keeper and worth getting. And again BTW absolutely no sticking. The only thing I cooked that had some SLIGHT sticking was the chicken but than it was marinated in Lawrey's Lemon Pepper bottled marinade and had LOTS of sugar in it. Also the IR temps I took on the grates were from distinctly different areas. I did not photo all of them but suffice to say temps were VERY consistent. Both burners were on the higher side of mid range as well. I left them there for about 15 minutes so I had a VERY stable result. Gotta say if you find these on sale don't hesitate GET THEM
!20201021_174427.jpg20201021_174436.jpg20201021_175045.jpg20201021_175124.jpg20201021_175343.jpg20201021_175741.jpg

Ok, so I thought this thread was about the Stanbroil Stainless Steel grates with the rod-type grate? Then I notice the flat plate that LMichaels has been using...and the link to the similar plate that may be fully stainless from Germany...

So, which one is the best way to go? Is the flatter plate-like grate the better way or the rod one? I am in Canada so I have been looking at these:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07T52ZVW6/

OR...something like this

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B081QKNLQV/

If those links don't work for those of you in the USA, then I am looking at these:

VS

I think all of the above are 2 piece structures rather than 1 piece. I have the Q1200.

Back