Sriracha and Mr. Yoshidas Wings, with Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
A little over 4 pounds of wings purchased for a reasonable price. Picked up on 5/30/2012 and am going to marinade until
Friday afternoon to see what type of added flavor I could get into the wings.
DSC_6460.jpg

Wings were separated into 2 batches. The first batch was marinated with Mr. Yoshidas and Teriyaki sauce. My batch was
marinated with 1 cup of Sriracha sauce with 3 tablespoons of pure honey added to the mix, trying to get a sweet spicy kick.
DSC_6463.jpg

Out of the marinade today and seasoned with Weber Kick N Chicken. Yoshidas wings on left, Sriracha on the right.
DSC_6499-2.jpg

Yoshidas wings on first over direct heat.
DSC_6500-2.jpg

Flipped
DSC_6503.jpg

Yoshidas to indirect side and Sriracha onto direct.
DSC_6505-001.jpg

Sriracha joined the Yoshidas on indirect, added a cherry chunk to the fire.
DSC_6508.jpg

Wings are done!
DSC_6514-2.jpg

Cheesy twice baked potatoes onto the grill. Potatoes were baked in the oven, then split open and cooled. The insides of
each potato were scraped out and mixed with cheddar cheese, smoked bacon, vidalia onion, sour cream and some Johnny’s Seasoning Salt.
DSC_6516-2.jpg

Potatoes are done and off the grill after 15 minutes at 350.
DSC_6522.jpg

Here’s your plate!
DSC_6525.jpg

My experiment with the wings was very successful! The Yoshidas wings had a medium oriental taste which is the way my wife
likes them. The Sriracha wings definitely had a kick to them! But not a direct kick, a “sneak up on you and bite your *** type
kick! Both sets of wings were very moist and tender with just enough crunch to the skin. Very delicious meal!

Thanks for looking!

Great looking wings Mike! I love Yoshi's and sometimes mix it with Schiracha. It gives it a nice kick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Here’s your plate! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks Mike! butt my plate usually has about EIGHT flappers on it...
icon_razz.gif
butt starting with four is good!
icon_biggrin.gif

Super looking wings and twice baked spuds Mike!
I might try to copycat it tomorrow.

I'm with Bill, it's nice to see and read the details of a cook.

I love Asian food, ingredients, flavors, Mike. In your Weber you managed everything very good. Potatoes are from another world. BTW: you're one of the most active members of this forum Photo Gallery section, in this time (Unlike me). You have a lot of contributions and responses, and for that I thank you very much
icon_wink.gif

Wow! Thanks everyone for your kind comments! Let me explain a little on why I go into detail when I post a cook. For starters when I look at a fantastic cook I want to be able to see exactly what the cook did and how they did it, so then I can try to either get it the way they did or it add - subtract something and make it my way. But I believe the biggest reason I do is that it helps me remember how I actually did the cook (as when you get my age at times I get forgetful
icon_biggrin.gif
)and what we liked about the cook or disliked. Again thanks all for your kind comments!
icon_razz.gif

Back