Spirit E-210 big enough for family of 4?

John Allen

Long time reader and Fellow Weber enthusiast. Anyway, I am a charcoal guy but am planning on adding a gas grill for mid-week quick cooks. A local Wal-Mart has the Spirit 210 on sale for $199. Seems like a great deal and that it probably would have enough cooking room for my needs (family of four; 2 small children). but I am concerned it might be too small and I should hold out for a sale on the 310. Any thoughts? I really only plan on using it for quick direct cooks, hamburgers, steaks, etc. any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, John

Last edited:
Those two small children will grow fast. 2 burner can be enough but a 3 burner will allow cooking for more people when you have get together. It's just more flexible.

Thanks! Sounds like wise counsel. $200 is a good deal on the 210, but it sounds like ultimately I'll regret not going bigger. Sort of like I regretted not just starting with the 22 inch kettle rather than the 18

If all you are cooking is burgers, chicken, steak or other proteins for 4, then it will be plenty big enough for the job. Now, if you do side items as well, that might start pushing it.

At $200, I'd be all over it.

46010679G.png

Btw, I could be wrong, but $200 for a Spirit 210 doesn't sound like a "sale" price, it sounds more like a clearance price as it's normally $400.

I have a genesis silver A that is the same size as the spirit you are looking at. To me it's big enough for 4 people.

That's a great price for that grill. A good friend of mine bought that grill a few months ago and he really likes his.

Frankly the new Spirit does not impress me (even at $200) though at least it's getting "warm". IMO it's a poorly made product (but again it's my opinion) and formed by looking at some other products out there that sell for less and seem as well or better put together. They don't have the "Weber" name but than since Weber has "sold out" I quit being impressed by name alone. If it was me? I'd be looking at a "Q" product even a used Q3XXX is a FAR better product overall than the Spirit.
As for it being "Big enough" the Q3XXX is bigger and IMO the little Spirit is OK sized depending on how "complicated" your midweek cooks are. I.E. last night I found myself using 2 large grills because in order to time my burgers, grilled onions and grilled corn on the cob I filled up the Wolf with corn and onions and the Summit with burgers. I was cooking for 5 BTW

I think it is clearance. I found it on brickseek.com, which indicates walmart also has 310's for sale for $250. Unfortunately, none in my area. Do any of y'all have any idea how often sales like this happen? My impression is Walmart and Target are clearing out their grilling sections to make room for school supplies etc. figured they might do it again after labor day, but wasn't sure

I have an older E/W burner E 210 I'm going to restore for my son. It appears to be doable for 4 people if you keep it reasonable and for $200 I think its a good buy.

I think it is clearance. I found it on brickseek.com, which indicates walmart also has 310's for sale for $250. Unfortunately, none in my area. Do any of y'all have any idea how often sales like this happen? My impression is Walmart and Target are clearing out their grilling sections to make room for school supplies etc. figured they might do it again after labor day, but wasn't sure

If you can get a 310/3 burner for $250 that's what I would do. A 3 burner gives you more options both in cooking space and the use of indirect heat.

I've not ever seen the Spirit models selling for that low of a price? I wonder if Weber is phasing them out? If they are I hope they replace them. The new genesis models are just too pricy for some people that still want a good quality grill.

I've not ever seen the Spirit models selling for that low of a price? I wonder if Weber is phasing them out? If they are I hope they replace them. The new genesis models are just too pricy for some people that still want a good quality grill.

I saw a picture in one of the Weber groups I'm in on Facebook- according to the picture, the Spirits will be getting redone along the lines of the Genesis 2. Same burners and ignition as the new Genesis. Now, I have no way of knowing if that pic was genuine- I've seen exactly zero supporting info. But then again, Weber released the Genesis 2 at the end of the year last year, so it's possible they're doing the same to the Spirits.

My thoughts are that a two burner is plenty for four unless you want to cook 4 steaks, 6 ears of corn, 4 potatoes and some garlic toast. If you use a grill to mostly cook the meat, then it is plenty for 4. At $200, it is a great deal. But, if I could get the 3 burner for another $50, I would go that route. You can always shut off a burner if you are not using the whole grill.

Or, look for a used Genesis Silver B three burner for about $50 that might just need some new grates or Flavorizer bars. Clean it out and buy some new grates or Flavorizer bars and for about $100 and some work, you will have a much higher quality grill.

Last edited:
What areas of the country are we seeing these kinds of clearance prices???? I don't think my local Walmart has them marked down, but I might just stop in and check just for the heck of it.

Athens, Alabama. You can do a search on brickseek.com and it'll tell you if there are any available in your area. Seems to do a search of about 100 miles from the zip code you enter

Just pulled the trigger. After much deliberation, I decided it would meet my needs. Thank you all for your advice

Last edited:
Agree the 3 burner for 250 would be the way to go. But unfortunately there were none available in my area. Hope some of y'all get lucky!

Back