Spicy Oragne-Ginger Pork Tenderloin Steaks

James Lake

TVWBB Emerald Member
DAMN TYPO'S....ORANGE

IMAG1451_zps5rvxasww.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I took two pork tenderloins cut each in half and then pounded each into about 3/4 inch thickness. I then cut slits into each steak in a crosshatch pattern about an 1/8 of an inch deep.

IMAG1441_zpskpdfivd7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I made a marinade that include lime and orange zest, lime and orange juice, garlic, honey, fish sauce, cayenne, S & P. I reserved some of the marinade to be used later. I let the steaks soak for about four hours and then onto the grill for a nice sear on each side and then indirect until they hit temp.

IMAG1444_zpsa2yisewv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG1443_zpst8rb0vqm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG1446_zpssvr52iw6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The smokey joe had some water chestnuts wrapped in bacon, about half way through the cook I basted them with a bbq sauce.

IMAG1447_zpspvkmftdx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG1449_zpsbdhwhhkb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG1451_zps5rvxasww.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Using the reserved marinade mixed with mayo to make a finishing sauce.

IMAG1452_zpsomugdsp2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Everything tasted great and was a hit with all at the table.

Thanks for looking guys and keep posting those incredible cooks that you are doing.

Last edited:
They look great! I've never scored my cook. Is that for the marinade to penetrate deeper into the meat?

They look great! I've never scored my cook. Is that for the marinade to penetrate deeper into the meat?

ChuckO, this is the best answer I can give you, not sure if everyone would agree:

Scoring, though, increases flavor three ways. First, the gashes allow the marinade to get deeper into the meat. Secondly, the scored gashes trap more flavorful ingredients: they make perfect pockets for rubbing garlic, fresh herbs, onion, and other seasoning bits into, which might otherwise fall off the meat's surface. and finally, if the grill is hot enough, the scored edges of the food will slightly crisp and char, adding texture and a smoky, caramelized flavor.

Back