Spatchcock Chicken

Lew Newby

R.I.P. 1/26/2024
My family really likes Spatchcock birds off the Smokefire. Today, my son was at work for the start so I improvised. I left the Oxygen in the house and made excursions to the garage to set up the EX6 for the cook. When I feel winded I set down and do controlled breathing until I get my Oxygen level back up. Once back in the house I put the Oxygen back on. I prepped and cooked a 5.5 lb. Chicken for dinner. I tried Meat Church Honey Hog rub and it was good. Cooking at 350º F it took 1 hr and 50 min. It was moist and delicious. I served it with roasted Yukon Gold potatoes and country Green Beans. 5 adults; 2 men, 3 women finished it off. Every day I get a little stronger and there's no better therapy than BBQ.
😁
IMG_0206.jpeg I I

Yep, many times I would spatchcock on the grill because I didn't want to set up the rotisserie for a whole bird. Now with the pellet cookers I find I can throw on a whole bird and get results as good or better than what I used to get spinning them. But, to date I have not done a spatchcock on the pellet cookers. But, I do intend to! Just haven't gotten to it yet

Lew, hopefully with that exercise putting that wonderful meal together it helps strengthen you more and more. Looking forward to more!

Back