Spare and Loin back ribs on my 18" WSM, thing 2

Donna Fong

TVWBB Super Fan
Been cooking on the Smoke Fire lately for brisket but didn't feel right to do pellets on ribs so I dusted off Thing 2, my comp smoker for butt and brisket. On Friday, I grilled some NYC Strip Steaks on an egg with lump (shush). I'm so glad summer is here. For the ribs, I used blue briquettes, mustard and SYD competition rub. Should be ready to wrap at 6pm.

20200525_WSM_StripSteak_03_Fong.jpg

20200525_WSM_Loin_Spare_01_Fong.jpg20200525_WSM_Loin_Spare_03_Fong.jpg20200525_WSM_Loin_Spare_02_Fong.jpg

Is your private two-person Smoke Day competition with Mr. Soo still on? He was talking smack about it here the other day:

"Of course, my sweetheart claims she cooks better ribs than me.. Hah! Little does she know I have Mangalitsa pork ribs from mangalitsaestates.com thawing. Muahaha!!!!!"

P.S. Looks like your patio turned out great!

That being said, you can't look a gift horse in the mouth. Neither of my poopers were purchased by me. Harry is a generous soul. I can only say how much I enjoyed the flavor on my steak and if Harry is pooping his ribs, then I have the advantage.

Thanks for sharing, Donna. I asked Harry what happened with your private contest...he said something about "happy life". :D

P.S. T-shirt looks fabulous!

Back