"Spanish" Chicken

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
I am not 100% certain that this resembles any Spanish dish, but for some reason, this one was given the name "Spanish" Chicken in our household a long time ago. I've cooked it many times, but never on the grill. So, onto the grill it went tonight. I fired up a chimney of coals, and when that was ripping, divided them into two baskets arranged to about the size of my large CI skillet, put the skillet on indirect, and closed the lid to heat things up for about 10 minutes. The chicken thighs were seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. They went into the CI (direct now) with some oil to sear about 3 minutes per side, then I put in chicken broth, tomatoes and sliced cocktail olives (pimento stuffed) as the braising liquid. I left it there direct for about 20 minutes until the chicken was cooked properly.

I also made my second batch of raviolis ever today (my wife got me a ravioli mold for V-day, which made things much easier. These were filled with a mushroom, parmesan, and goat cheese filling. To go on the raviolis, I made a simple tomato cream sauce. Things got pretty hectic, as it seemed that everything I was making needed attention all at the same time, but I managed to get it all done, and mostly at the same time, too! :)

The chicken turned out great (I really like the briny olive flavor in this dish), and the raviolis were a success (not without some "learning" that I will apply next time. Anyhow, enough words, this is a Photo forum!! :)

"Spanish" chicken on the grill (with "spare" thighs riding shotgun):

49545618543_618b796a2e_o.jpg

Chicken's done:

49546119451_5dc6371626_o.jpg

Some raviolis:

49545618593_64cf529ffd_o.jpg

Plated:

49546348122_3d98f05cfe_o.jpg

Thanks for checking this out. Happy to share any details about the chicken or pasta. :)

Rich

WOW!!! That is some awesome cooking. The ingredients for the chicken is different but I like it and will be trying that real soon. Your Raviolis are perfect.

Looks wonderful Rich. I agree with Tony on the addition of the olives. Terrific job on the raviolis. I don't see one "leaker" in the batch. Your stuffing sounds perfect for our taste. Might try something along those lines on my next batch.

Great Looking Meal! We do a similar cook. We have also substituted Halibut for the chicken.

Back