Spam Burger

Bob Garnache

The problem with being a BBQ nut is having to deal with 7 conflicting voices in my head. The other day one of the voices (the crazier one) suggested I make a burger with half beef and half spam.

I haven’t had spam for 50 years, so instead of arguing with myself (have you ever argued with a crazy person?) I gave in. After all, i owed it to him since he didn't argue with me when i dared him to play chicken on the freeway in his underwear with a rubber chicken on his head and a sock puppet on each hand. That's a night in jail we won't forget!

So I bought a can of hickory flavored spam and put it through my grinder with 80/20 beef, a little salt and pepper on my wifes and some exotic South African spices on mine.

I cooked them until they hit 145 and then put them on the grill to sear.

I used a potato bun with some horseradish mayo, avocado, slightly grilled onion, tomato, cilantro, and a roasted jalapeno. I then introduced it to my belly and my belly liked. I have to say it was one of the tastiest burgers I have made. (I ate two) Sometimes being crazy aint so bad. "BE QUIET I'M TALKING!"

"I used a potato bun with some horseradish mayo, avocado, slightly grilled onion, tomato, cilantro, and a roasted jalapeno."

Come on Bob, you could put all that on a boot and it would taste good!:p

Looks tasty to me Bob!
Looks tasty to me Bob!

"I used a potato bun with some horseradish mayo, avocado, slightly grilled onion, tomato, cilantro, and a roasted jalapeno."

Come on Bob, you could put all that on a boot and it would taste good!:p

Looks tasty to me Bob!
Looks tasty to me Bob!

i will try the boot next, I'll see if i can get through the grinder.

too much rainwater out there in Seattle, huh Bob.
Now, your burger looks Great, and I'd eet that!
butt i'm tellin' ya, if I KNEW there was spam in it, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot fork.

Spam is like the duct tape of meat. You can use it for (or on) anything!
Great job man!

I love spam and thought I'd had it every way possible ...nope always something else to try! I bet those burgers we're perfect!!

Back