SpaceX launch.

I had it up on my extra monitor at work for over two hours, only to see it
be postponed. The astronauts have much more patience than I do.

We were watching...I liked this quote from the commentator/astronaut on Discovery Channel:

"No one remembers a delay. Everyone remembers a disaster."

I remember delays after delays during the Apollo missions.
My uncle was an engineer through the Gemini missions.
Delays are much harder to remember but, one does tend to remember when something goes tragically wrong.

I had one of my kids and several neighbor kids come in to my man cave/garage because they were all playing out front. When I told them there was going to be a rocket launch sending astronauts to space they got excited. It was more cool for me watching 7 to 10 year olds wide-eyed and excited. I remember when I was full of wonder like that. Glad I got to show it to them.

On that note, when I was around their age, with wide eyes and wonder, it went a bit different. As a kid I was on school watching the launch of Shuttle Challenger go tragically wrong.

Like I told my youngest 30 yr old Son ( who's an engineer), this ain't your Dad's NASA . Mission Control Isn't any thing close to the old Apollo, Gemini missions. And thank gawd for HD TV! What an epic collection of views.

Tim

It was amazing to watch and who would have ever thought the the stages automatically going back to the drone site to be reused.

It was amazing to watch and who would have ever thought the the stages automatically going back to the drone site to be reused.

That's one of the things that blew me away. landing on a Drone ship out at sea, in rainy conditions.
Pretty cool!

Tim

Myself, my 19 year old so.n and one of his friends were playing golf Sat when it Launched. We stopped in the 9th fairway to watch it take place. I told them it’s gonna be a “remember where you where when....” kind of moment.

Back