Soup and Salad Night

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I got sucked in on those tortilla molds and finally picked up a set and tried them out tonight. They work as advertised.
IMG_1295_zpsf266062a.jpg

Cooked up a lb. of beef, added a can of black beans, some taco seasoning, and some water
IMG_1299_zps766a59b8.jpg

Then let it simmer till all of the liquid evaporated
IMG_1304_zps0ad7869f.jpg

taco salad
IMG_1306_zpsab9cebcd.jpg

My Wife made some Albondigas soup even though we are in the middle of a heat wave. It was great but wow was I sweating trying to eat it.
IMG_1309_zpsf4c6d58d.jpg

Fantastic looking meal John! I've been wondering about those molds and if they work. May have to put them on my birthday list since it is coming up soon.

The molds are showing up in stores now, I picked up my set of four for $11.00 at Bed Bath and Beyond.

I was wondering about the molds too. Dang, might have to pull the trigger on a set.

Incredible looking, well, everything!!

Great meal John! I'm not sure that those molds work as advertised, since the ads don't mention anything about KFTB (Kettle Fried Tortilla Bowls). Add another one to the KF___ list.

Ok Jon very cool cook! I know you said your wife made the "abondigas" can ya shoot me the recipe? My wife has been bugging me to make this for 10 years! You would make me a god!

Very cool cook!

Back