Some Rainy Day North Texas Ribs

Don Huddy

TVWBB Member
Threw some ribs on the kettle today between showers in DFW - Rubbed with SuckleBusters Texas Pecan BBQ Rub and a lil bit of smoke

They pass the bend test and are ready for consumption

Thanks for looking

What part of Garland do you live in? I live off North Garland and Apollo right behind Naaman Forest High School.

I'm in Benbrook TX sick of the rain too. Thats one worthy cook Don. I normally do my ribs on my 18" WSM but just added a Performer this year and looking forward to trying ribs on the Performer. Was that low and slow or high heat like Jim has been doing?

I'm in Mesquite Tx. Maybe we all ought to get together & plan a cookout

If you guys do get a cookout set up, don't forget to post pics. Makes me think that maybe different area's with a lot of members should do the same. Just a thought.

I'm in Benbrook TX sick of the rain too. Thats one worthy cook Don. I normally do my ribs on my 18" WSM but just added a Performer this year and looking forward to trying ribs on the Performer. Was that low and slow or high heat like Jim has been doing?

Ray these were done low and slow 3/1/1 - I may try the high heat again some time - we just did not care for the texture the last time I did ribs hot and fast

Nice ribs! Just goes to show you not even torrential down pours will keep a Texan away from his BBQ.

Threw some ribs on the kettle today between showers in DFW - Rubbed with SuckleBusters Texas Pecan BBQ Rub and a lil bit of smoke

They pass the bend test and are ready for consumption

Thanks for looking

Those look perfect! I'm in Grand Prairie, TX and finally got to mow today... Rain hasn't stopped me from cooking either.

Back