Soda-Brined Pork Loin with Cherry Chipotle Glaze

James Lake

TVWBB Emerald Member
A recipe from the Weber's WAY TO GRILL Book

The pup was ready to go to the butcher this morning.

temporary_zpsdgjqjaaj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I got to the butcher and they were advertising "ground camel"....yes...I passed on that.

Bought a pork loin just shy of 4 pounds.

Brined the loin in Dr Pepper soda and K-salt for two hours

temporary_zpsethuxksp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

While the loin was soaking I made a glaze of Cherry preserves, Dr. Pepper soda, chipotle with adobo and Dijon mustard.

After soaking for two hours the loin rested with a coating of veg oil as the charcoal was getting ready.

temporary_zpsyunhslwo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The grill hit high heat and the loin went direct for about 5 minutes each side.

temporary_zpsmerh2dag.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

About 30 seconds too long on this side

temporary_zpslyebemtt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After the loin was seared I went indirect in a pan with the glaze in the pan

temporary_zpscg4ka6em.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is one of the reasons I bought the 26er so that I can go completely indirect on bigger cuts of meat

temporary_zpssbdgqcdf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I turned the loin every eight minutes

temporary_zpspswcoz7k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just shy of 30 minutes the loin hit 145 and it was pulled and rested for five minutes

temporary_zpsqhvq6xex.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

More coming

Plate with one of my favorite side dishes

Oven roasted vegetables over kale with goat cheese

temporary_zps2xlbirpo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

temporary_zpswmwil6zu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I forgot to mention that when I went indirect I added some oak wine barrel for some smoke, the oak barrel smoke goes perfect on the pork.

Probably the most moist and tender pork that I have made in awhile. The glaze was perfect not much heat but complimented the pork very well. The lady of the house rated the pork 4.85 out of 5. Will do this cook again for sure.

Thank you all for looking.

Last edited:
Wow James the cherry glaze looks fantastic. What a great sauce for the pork loin! And the salad is killer too! What a great cook!

Great Post Jim!
Love the powerdown back window, The Puppy, The Pork, The Grill, and The Salad!! VeryNice!!

Probably the most moist and tender pork that I have made in awhile. The glaze was perfect not much heat but complimented the pork very well. The lady of the house rated the pork 4.85 out of 5. Will do this cook again for sure.
Amen! I'll have to do this cook, very impressive looks fantastic. Out of the park, James!

That had to be great, really like all the different flavor profiles. That's one cute pup you have there too!

James outstanding and the glaze looks awesome I'll take a plate for sure. Love the pup.;)

Back