So whos smoking up for christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul S74

TVWBB Member
I think I am going to throw a few racks of ribs on the ole WSM for Christmas...

Anyone else planning to cook anything up?

Baby Back ribs for us too. Three racks for six adults late afternoon (Christmas eve), so I don't need to get going until 8:00ish that morning. Can't wait!

Replacing the traditional ham on Xmas eve with 8 racks of spares.

Xmas dinner will be a 4-bone standing rib roast, done at 275? until 120? internal, then 500? degree oven to crust up a little.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Rich G.

I am doing a whole beef tenderloin for christmas eve, 6 racks BB ribs on Dec 27th for the in-laws. Then a prime rib on New Years eve.

Mike

Put me in for a 15lb turkey that'll be deep fried for Xmas Eve dinner and then I'll be smoking a turkey for my in-laws sometime after that.
-------------------
Mark Merry Xmas!!

Finally getting back to Q. All the other holiday projects kept me away from my dear WSM (and TVWB) for a while.

Just doin' the incidentals: ABTs, smoked salmon, smoked cheese, and bulk sausage roll for a Christmas breakfast of sausage gravy and biscuits.

Then I'm gonna try one of those rib roasts for New Year's Eve. Chris made it look so good in the Cooking section of the site, I couldn't resist.

From the list above, it looks like there's gonna be some good eatin' goin' on this holiday season.

Everyone have a Happy (and safe) Holidays!

just did 15 lbs of butt for Christmas nightfor a family get together.

Its been 2-3 months since i used my WSM cant believe i let her sit that long!!

1. x-mas eve.
Two large prime ribs, two fillets of salmon all cooked on WSM

2. x-mas day
Large pork crown roast

3. open house day after x-mas
Three large prime rib roasts, two fillets of salmon

I am smoking a 7 pound ham tonight.

The 22nd I did a 8 pound French Duck on my Weber kettle using my new Rotisserie.

The 26th I am doing red wine marinated lamb

Merry X-mas & Happy New Year to everyone,

Doing a 14 pound choice rib eye roast, and a turkey. I may do a deep fried cajun turkey and some breaded prawns if the rain is not to heavy. I'll probably substitute ribs for the deep fried stuff if it rains hard.
Frank

Got about a 5 pound boneless pork loin and we're going to soak it until the day after Christmas in brine with Morton's TenderQuick and cane syrup (maple isn't normal for us in the south), then will smoke it on the WSM in our effort to make a "cured pork loin" or smoked pork chops in our lingo.

Merry Christmas to all.

Tom, Lydia, Mary Martha and Keri
From Lake Seminole, Georgia

Baby backs (BRITU) for Christmas and USDA Prime Rib Roast for New Years. This will be my second and third cook on the WSM so wish me luck!

Smoked 4 Hams on sunday, preped them and then vacum packed them for reheat on Thursday... not my first choice but have to do some driving on Thursday, decided I did not want to look like I'm getting ready to tar a roof buy hauling my smoker on a trailer at 65 MPH. Might be hard to keep temp stable too /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif . Enjoy the holidays!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back