Snowy Ribs

Chris Mills

TVWBB Fan
Didn't matter what the weather was like today I was going to eat ribs. Snowed yesterday and its cold & windy today but that doesn't matter.

Smoker ready to go.

winterribs1.jpg

There are 4 of these racks. Big meaty ribs w/ total weight ~17lbs.

winterribs2.jpg

Chugging away.

winterribs3.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
That's dedication!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not so much dedication as the way of Northern 'Que. Unless you want to go 4 months without any you just have to deal with the elements. Now when I have to shovel a path to the smoker is when the dedication kicks in.
icon_biggrin.gif
Really need to build some sort of small windscreen although I saw someone on these boards using a welding blanket which would really fit the bill.

Snow def. got in my way this weekend. Had grand ideas of throwing on some ribs, but got sidetracked by the snow & ended up doing some maintenance on the smoker instead. Not nearly as much enjoyment.

Now we know what we all want for Christmas Chris, but you are too darned far away. That is a great looking smoke. Reminded me though of those 40 years I spent in Alaska. You didn't dare let a little snow slow you down or you would never get anything cooked on the smoker. There were many days we just opened the garage door and let the smoke pour in and pour out but we got er done. Bob B. Great job.

Now THAT is bbq. Props on a cook well done.

In the winter, when the air is cold and slow, perfuming the community with hickory and pork is is a public service. That it causes neighbor envy is merely a side benefit.

Chris, They look awesome. You had them in there 7 hrs?? What temp? when did you cover them with foil?
My family loves ribs and I am going to dare to make them in the new WSM 18 that I got a week ago. I am a newbie and need some guidance! Also what thermometer are you using? I only rely on the stock lid.
Great site! I will learn much from you all. THanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chuck Dugas:
Nice job Chris. I like that cast iron pot also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a Lodge dutch oven that I've had for quite a while. Gets used for everything from pot roast to beans on the smoker.

Back