Snake River Farms Tri-Tip

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So our local small store in the village (Cattle and Cream) is selling these vacuum packed SNR Tri Tips. Sprung for one. Definitely NOT cheap ($52 for about 2.8lb) but, about the best darn piece of beef bar none I have ever put in my mouth. Amazing does not even begin to cover it. I roasted it sort of Texas style on my Wolf (only because the Genesis was filled with some delicious locally grown sweet corn from TJ's in Belvidere). I used a hint of mesquite for smoke as well. And a generous S&P rub. Cooked it to 125, rested it about 15 min tented. My carving knife literally "fell" though it. I will DEFINTETELY buy this again! Sorry no more photos. The evidence was devoured :D
1659957570908.jpeg

I aways wondered if it was just hype or if it was really worth the super high price. Guess you answered that question, Larry.
Our Lab has to have special dry dog food due to a digestive problem. At $112 for a 27-pound bag which is about $4.15 a pound I guess Spending $57 for a great piece of meat isn't so bad.

I got some SRF beef jerky from Costco. It’s hard to stay away from it. I mean, not as hard as a batch of fresh baked cookies, but pretty darn close. I may try the tri.

Agree, cost is secondary to good product. I’ve been buying some Bell and Evans chicken breast which are $7/lb. But, I haven’t had any “rubber chicken” from them and it’s still WAY cheaper than me and DW going out to eat. If me and DW got 2 meals out of that $50 tri-tip, we’d be ahead. We sprung for some deli sandwiches the other day and walked out paying $20 for two sandwiches. They were good sandwiches, but nothing special.

I got some SRF beef jerky from Costco
I tried buying that. I think I even reported here how awful I found it. Though having never had jerky I did not know what to expect. What I got was soggy, mushy and well, in a word disgusting. I returned it to Costco and will never try to buy jerky again. Again, maybe I got a bad bag? IDK. All I know is it's like when I ended up in hospital with food poisoning thanks to an avocado. It's been 6 years IIRC and I still cannot eat them

I tried buying that. I think I even reported here how awful I found it. Though having never had jerky I did not know what to expect. What I got was soggy, mushy and well, in a word disgusting. I returned it to Costco and will never try to buy jerky again. Again, maybe I got a bad bag? IDK. All I know is it's like when I ended up in hospital with food poisoning thanks to an avocado. It's been 6 years IIRC and I still cannot eat them
I guess it’s a individual taste. I liked that it was not as dry or tough as some typical jerky I’ve had. Not sure I’d call it soggy or mushy, but I get where your going. It didn’t bother me and, I liked the flavor profile.

Our neighborhood grocery store stocks SNF products from time to time. If I see a SNF tri-tip there I will buy it, no questions asked. My family has become tri-tip fans in the last year or so.

Back