Smoking Brisket Point Only

Justin S

I went to a local grocery store this morning and the butcher took a whole packer brisket and cut off just the point for me. I don't have the time to smoke a whole packer tomorrow, so I decided that I would rather have the point than the flat. I am going to rub it down with some Oakridge BBQ Black Ops rub and smoke with some pecan wood. I was wanting to know if any of you have attempted to smoke the point by itself and if you could give me any tips on cook time and the best method to cook it.

Thanks!
Justin

I did a Google search this morning on this same topic. From what I see, cook time is int eh 4-5 hour range at 250. If you cube it up for burnt ends, you'd add that additional cooking time. I have one that I want to experiment with bacon wrapped burnt ends on.

Thanks for the info, Scott. I was thinking around the same cooking time as you posted. Bacon wrapped burnt ends sounds like something I may need to incorporate into this cook.

JustinS;
I have smoked several of the Walmart corned beef Points and the cooking time should be about the same as your point. The cooking times suggested are in the ballpark of my smokes. I ended up with lucious Faux Pastrami and it is extremely well received in our household.

The bacon wrapped burnt ends sound almost decadent!! Love the idea!

Let us know how it came out - we NEED LOTS of pictures, too;)...

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Dustin,

I have never seen these available either. I did call around and multiple butchers said that they could make it happen. I just chose this particular location because it was close and reasonably priced compared to others.

Back