Smokin' on the beach! Pic heavy.

John Wheeler

TVWBB Pro
So, It's been a really long, difficult summer for me, so I haven't really had time to post lately. I decided it was time to get away. Met some friends at their condo in Daytona. A much needed lamecation. I thought this might be the perfect return post. I'll cut to the chase now...

For my dream cook, I'll be doing three slabs of baby backs, five bakers, and a bowl of beans. Here we go!

Due to being 1000 miles from home, I went with what they had at the condo. Mine friends like some heats. So I did pick up a Sriracha rub to try. Salt, pepper, cumin, the Sriracha rub, and a touch of cinnamon on a mustard base.

Pre cook lube.

Bakers.

Beans.

Getting set up for my dream cook!

Ribs are on.

Money!!!

A couple hours in, just before foiling.

The little wonder chuggin away on the beach.

Hi John, I'm sorry to hear you have had a rough summer. My summer overflowed with busyness and I lost touch here as well. Daytona looks like a nice getaway and the setup along with the ribs looks tip top! Here's hoping things get better from here on out. Cheers!

Part two...
Potatoes and beans on.

Two slabs foiled with butter and honey.

Two more slabs on top grate.

After I got my car off the beach for the pics, it was time for some beverage.

And recreation.

Out of the foil and sauced w some Baby Rays hot and spicy.

Plated.

Bonus shot.

R2 Browns mini, 1000 miles from home, kicked a** like a weber should! Was a great cook. Never forget it. You can check in on the rest of my mid life crisis lamecation on Instagram. wheelchairxiii
Thanks for checking out my post.

John, what are you using for the center section of your mini? Is that a steel drum? Your ribs, bakers and beans looked tasty.

Hey John, Great looking beach cook mate. Looks like your mini has found a couple of friends. :)

96vk0m.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got some R&R everybody needs that at some time. Great cook those minis are great.

Great adventure cook! Gotta go with what you've got, but who cares when that's your scenery. You coulda put rocks on the smoker!!!

Food looks delicious! Great job!

Back