Smoker Joe Score

BobCef

TVWBB Member
I found this smoker Joe on Ebay listed as brand new - box dented. Just for the hell of it I bid a high of $25 with auto incrrements. To my surprise I won it for $17.50 plus shipping. He ae some pic's. It has a dent in the side but fixable.
smoking joe1.jpg
smoking joe2.jpg
smoking joe3.jpg
smoking joe4.jpg
smoking joe5.jpg

Last edited:
It took a pretty good whack, not sure if you can fix it, but if nothing else, you have some good spare parts

It took a pretty good whack, not sure if you can fix it, but if nothing else, you have some good spare parts
I'm going to give it a try. Bang those dents out with a ball-peen hammer then some thin spot putty and touch up with some porcelain gloss enamel .

I'd cut a piece of 2x4 with the right arc for the rim and gently tap to it using a wooden dolly on the inside. I'm more about function that pretty most of the time so, I'd let the bowl go by, that's just me. Post pictures of the project!

Dent or no dent... it will cook just fine.
If the dings bother you too much, hang out on CL & get one for parts - probably around $15.
Or maybe Weber will warrant the grill?

Got the dents pounded out and gasketed around the lid. Had to squeeze the lid to get it rounder. Fits pretty tight now.
Waiing for the filler and the porcelain gloss enamel .

smokeyj1.jpg

smokeyj2.jpg

smokeyj3.jpg

smokeyj2.jpg

smokeyj4.jpg

good day, looks as if you are on your way to an addition of your weber fleet of cooking kings, very nice! is your fit from lid to kettle willing to hold the smoke/heat if? you mentioned it fitting tight now, is the push to one area that makes it tight to fit causing a gap in other areas...? i bet that your work and some care and love with the hammer will get you a nice grill at a bottom line price! and for that, well done!

Bruce I haven't tried it out yet but I plan on firing it up today to burn out any factory residue. The fit is good all the way around. I had to bend the top to get it more round and that worked good. No gaps.

Back