Smokefire Personal Pan Pizza... ala pizza hut

C Lewis

Closed Account
Was home alone, bach'in it this weekend, when I realized that I probably should get something going for dinner. Pizza it is then.

I've been experimenting with pan pizza lately, trying to get something similar to Pizza Hut's Meatlovers, since they closed all of the Pizza Huts around here. Getting real close, but only using store crust and sauce for now, just experimenting with process and times. We occasionally have others over for a firepit/late night make-your-own-pizza-dinner, and I wanted an easy process to do this.

Threw the dough into the Lodge 10" pan, and added some sauce, bacon (duh), onions, Italian sausage, pepperoni, and of course, cheese. I know that the Meatlovers was a little different, but this is what I had on hand at the time.

20220704_164339.jpg

Fired up the Smokefire to 400, put it all in, with a pan on the top rack to reflect the heat back down, and ran for 25 minutes. Perfect. Pizza was cooked well, and the bottom was nice and crispy.

20220704_171057.jpg

20220704_171258.jpg

20220704_171306.jpg

Thanks for looking. Hope everyone is having a safe, fun, and happy 4th.
'Murica! 🇺🇸 (y)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

It came out well, and I had the last two pieces today for a quick lunch/snack.

Just as an aside, for reheating pizza, I nuke them in the microwave for a minute or two, then put them on the cast iron griddle, with another skillet upside down to cover. The microwave gets the chill off, and the griddle gets the bottom nice and crisp again, something the microwave can't do. The skillet used as a lid just holds the final heat to the toppings and cheese, and in a few minutes the whole thing is done and not much different from the original cook. Hope this helps someone out and prevents soggy reheated pizza!

Charlie

Last edited:

Back