SmokeFire available on Amazon now. Pre-order

At one point it showed January 10th ship date but that has since been changed to unknown.

Both links are saying January 25th now.

This item will be released on January 25, 2020.

Got an email from Amazon saying shipment of my EX6 has been delayed, not sure what that means considering I never really got a date of shipment other than their website saying this item will be released on Jan 25th.

It means they are trying to determine how many grills they need for the launch before they physically put them up for sale. :wsm:

Got an email from Amazon saying shipment of my EX6 has been delayed, not sure what that means considering I never really got a date of shipment other than their website saying this item will be released on Jan 25th.
Santa is balking at the elves demanding overtime pay.

I’m sure the guys who are developing the Weber Connect App are feeling the heat this Christmas.

Oh yeah! The whole production and distribution process is probably having a pretty rough Christmas.

I hope there will be one on display near me next month. Also want to buy at least one package of Weber's new pellets to see what I think of them.

Hmmmmm, I guess I didn't realize the pre-orders were getting a discounted price.

$999 and $1,199 will be the price, there's no discount for pre-order. They are just comparing it to the MSRP to make it appear as if there's a discount.

$999 and $1,199 will be the price, there's no discount for pre-order. They are just comparing it to the MSRP to make it appear as if there's a discount.
Can you prove that? I need to know. Are you guessing? What's the theory behind you logic?

Can you prove that? I need to know. Are you guessing? What's the theory behind you logic?

From Weber's official press release:

"The SmokeFire grill will be introduced early in 2020 in over 25 countries around the world, with all SmokeFire grills manufactured in our Huntley, Illinois, facility using globally sourced component parts. Pre-orders are available in the USA beginning Cyber Monday (December 2nd) on Lowes.com, Weber.com and Amazon. In 2020, expect to find SmokeFire grills in other retailers who carry quality Weber products. Offered in both a 24" and 36" size, the SmokeFire is competitively priced at $999 and $1,199, respectively."

It's been Amazon's practice for many years to show the MSRP price (or "List Price") with a strikethrough, followed by the actual selling price. It gives the impression that you're getting a deal when in fact EVERYONE sells for the lower price shown. That lower price is called the MAP price, or the Minimum Advertised Price. With few exceptions, authorized Weber retailers cannot sell Weber products for less than the MAP price, and since the marketplace is so competitive, everyone sells for the MAP price.

tW4gQj9.jpg

If anyone has a Lowe’s card, they are offering 10% off with lowes card. Preordered my ex6 today!

Cool. Yah and they offer 10% for Veterans as well. As does Home Depot. It isn't much for a bag of wood chips, but on a $1000 grill, it buys a lot of Ribeyes.

From Weber's official press release:

"The SmokeFire grill will be introduced early in 2020 in over 25 countries around the world, with all SmokeFire grills manufactured in our Huntley, Illinois, facility using globally sourced component parts. Pre-orders are available in the USA beginning Cyber Monday (December 2nd) on Lowes.com, Weber.com and Amazon. In 2020, expect to find SmokeFire grills in other retailers who carry quality Weber products. Offered in both a 24" and 36" size, the SmokeFire is competitively priced at $999 and $1,199, respectively."

It's been Amazon's practice for many years to show the MSRP price (or "List Price") with a strikethrough, followed by the actual selling price. It gives the impression that you're getting a deal when in fact EVERYONE sells for the lower price shown. That lower price is called the MAP price, or the Minimum Advertised Price. With few exceptions, authorized Weber retailers cannot sell Weber products for less than the MAP price, and since the marketplace is so competitive, everyone sells for the MAP price.

tW4gQj9.jpg
Thank very much. I don't need to rush out an buy it now then.

Does anyone have experience on buying grill covers for pellet grills? It looks like you would need the Weber grill cover and using an aftermarket brand would not work with the shape of the grill.

Back