Smoked ribs

Those ribs look amazing. I've recently just started doing ribs on the kettle if I only have one rack. Did you use any accessories like a SnS or baskets, or just bank the coals?

Those ribs look amazing. I've recently just started doing ribs on the kettle if I only have one rack. Did you use any accessories like a SnS or baskets, or just bank the coals?
I used two baskets side by side with the coals snaked in the basket. Two racks is really pushing it, but it worked out. Front one definitely got more heat than the back. I'll attach a pic on the coal setup.

Attachments

• F56ABDA7-0001-4474-82CD-6345753A1150.jpeg
    F56ABDA7-0001-4474-82CD-6345753A1150.jpeg
    277.7 KB · Views: 8
I used two baskets side by side with the coals snaked in the basket. Two racks is really pushing it, but it worked out. Front one definitely got more heat than the back. I'll attach a pic on the coal setup.
That’s pretty awesome Andrew. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone run a snake between baskets before. I’d be pushing it with two racks as well especially since I use a SnS that takes up more grate space than the baskets. Rotating the ribs would help even the heat up on the ribs.

Back