Smoked MAC n CHEESE bites, mega style

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Normally we make these as a small appetizer. I thought I’d try them in the larger silicone muffin cups.

you can put these in the smoker and baked them. I was experimenting so I just used smoked cheddar that we have from the last batch I smoked.

the recipe that I use is pretty simple. And I will post it in the photos. It’s a good base and you can add anything to it. Three ingredients, four if you count the water.
You can use whatever cheese you like or a mixture. Same goes for the spices. I kept it simple with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder for this test batch. I like to add hot sauce but I didn’t this time.
Once you have your man c cheese made you’ll want to set your muffin cups ready. Spray the inside with Pam. Put a liberal
Amount of the cheap grated Parmesan in each cup. Swirl around to coat bottom and sides. Place on a sheet or in a cast iron pan. Scoop Mac n cheese into cups and fill. Place in fridge and allow to set for at least 1hr and up to 4 days. Note: you can freeze at this stage if you want.

Set up smoker or oven for 350.
While the smoker heats up take Mac n cheese cups out of fridge and top with more grated Parmesan, salt, pepper and if desired hot sauce.

Place into smoker and cook for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly. If tops aren’t browned use a torch or place under broiler until you have the desired color.
Allow to cool slightly and serve. They can also

70CA43A6-DB0A-4BE5-8F88-84768849A355.png

4C7FA810-D627-470E-9BBB-DF70D9DD3585.png

005AD3A8-676E-4165-8078-F70326638370.jpeg

these little cans aren’t quite the 6oz called for but they work just fine. No need to buy a larger can and waste a bunch.

9EA5773A-F8E3-43A5-803D-D0292B8C4A26.jpeg

FF8AAA18-CBDB-42ED-919D-5FEDCCCEE105.jpeg

4C385FF3-89EF-481D-8049-38C090B22392.jpeg

F7F4DC56-D2AF-4183-B295-6DB547CCE5C4.jpeg

Here’s a comparison of the mini cups we used to use and the large cups I used for these.

74B74E0E-9E45-4022-BBE2-0A2C5C776246.jpeg

865C4573-B595-4D88-B832-A0D0222E5652.jpeg

D6FE7748-1A7E-4E4A-A952-2F60AC7102EA.jpeg

These look great, Case! They will be on my menu the next time I host our steak club, especially since they can be served in a Covid friendly manner with some care taken with prep, etc. :) Love your creativity, sir!

R

Those look great. I make mac n cheese but it takes too much. Yours is a winner. I doibt I coils eat 75 in one sitting. Anymore

Case, your posts always leave me with a feeling of "I've got to try that"! It seems to me that you could make your own cookbook filling it with nothing but recipes using silicone muffin cups!!
Thanks for sharing,
Tim

Doing the smaller ones, I might be tempted to take it a little farther and deep fry them!
I have done that a few times with baked sheet pan format M&C.
Those I cut into batons roll in seasoned flour, egg wash then, in seasoned panko. Let them rest a second and drop them in 375 oil until crispy golden brown deliciousness has shown itself, out of the oil, onto a rack (upside down on paper towels, quick shake of salt and get out of the way!
Yeah, it’s a bit of work but, once you’ve set up, it’s quick.

Doing the smaller ones, I might be tempted to take it a little farther and deep fry them!
I have done that a few times with baked sheet pan format M&C.
Those I cut into batons roll in seasoned flour, egg wash then, in seasoned panko. Let them rest a second and drop them in 375 oil until crispy golden brown deliciousness has shown itself, out of the oil, onto a rack (upside down on paper towels, quick shake of salt and get out of the way!
Yeah, it’s a bit of work but, once you’ve set up, it’s quick.
Yep we have deep fried Mac n cheese balls before.
I was thinking that putting a dollop of Mac n cheese into the egg muffins with bacon would be good...

Always good to have something to do 🤣101_6097.JPG

can’t have you lounging around all day in your PJ’s and slippers watching soap operas!
So much for the mac n cheese. When Barb went to work she gave me a honey do list that will keep me busy the rest of the day. But I did have some fun yesterday I finished up my new Winter Weber. Built it to match my green Genesis 2000.

So much for the mac n cheese. When Barb went to work she gave me a honey do list that will keep me busy the rest of the day. But I did have some fun yesterday I finished up my new Winter Weber. Built it to match my green Genesis 2000.
Looking good! Time for some crockpot Mac n cheese to fill the cups for Mac n cheese mega bites!

Christmas style, chili beans/no beans, pulled pork, carnitas, hmmm. This is awesome.

Back