Smoked Cream Cheese

Don't know where but I've seen this before. My thoughts were I don't think so, but after reading the review I may give it a try because I do like cream cheese espically in Barbs Poppers.

Planning on making a pastrami for Labor Day weekend, and there will be a few people here. Looks like a plan to throw some in the smoker with the cured brisket.

Edit: oh, wait a minute...... use a chunk of smoked cream cheese in mashed potatoes......

Last edited:
First I thought of Doug's Smoked Mushroom Dip
My Wife like to use a little cream cheese in her scrambled eggs and she also makes a shrimp and bowtie salad that uses cream cheese.
I do a buttered egg noodle casserole loosely borrowed from JOY that uses cream cheese and BACON. Lol.

Well as long as we're tossing out cream cheese recipes... 😁

Mix cream cheese with some salsa, serve as a dip with Tortilla chips. It will disappear.

Don't know where but I've seen this before. My thoughts were I don't think so, but after reading the review I may give it a try because I do like cream cheese espically in Barbs Poppers.
Smoked cream cheese sounds like it would be awesome in poppers or ABTs.

Tried this on Saturday (had some spare room on the smoker, why waste the space?). Did one covered with Ranch Dressing Mix (dry) and Onion Soup Mix (also dry). The onion was my favorite.
3 hours at 225 degrees F.
Will do this again, every time smoker is warmed up. Can't wait to try with other topping ingredients!

1626812407855.png

I'm thinking after smoking steeping it in good EVO and using Italian herbs instead of bbq rubs.
Sounds like a nice summertime snack with some crusty crostini, basil/spinach and tomatoes.
Dammit Bob, see what you started.:D

I have tomato's that are over ripe that I was going to slow smoke today.

I like the cream cheese with Italian seasoning, and have fresh basil to go with it.

I think I'll put it on crispy slices of summer squash.

@timothy I think it would be fantastic on crostini, yet I've been avoiding bread and pasta... .

I have tomato's that are over ripe that I was going to slow smoke today.

I like the cream cheese with Italian seasoning, and have fresh basil to go with it.

I think I'll put it on crispy slices of summer squash.

@timothy I think it would be fantastic on crostini, yet I've been avoiding bread and pasta... .
I get the no carb thing. It does sound good on zucchini or tomato slices grilled.
My Wife is doing Onion bombs tomorrow and I bet it would be great on that.

Back