Smoke Station

J Hasselberger

TVWBB Pro

Smoke Station by jeff.hasselberger, on Flickr

This setup has served me well for over 5 years now. It's built around two of those tough plastic storage cabinets that you hang on the wall of your garage. Overall, it's about 6' wide and 42" high (bar height, of course). The top is 4 planks of 1x6 cedar, making it a bit under 24" deep. The frame is simply 2x4 pressure treated. It only took a couple of hours to build. I screwed it to the deck with angle brackets, so it's solid, but easy to move if you have to. If it rains, I just screw a 1x4 extension to the frame and clamp on a golf umbrella.

The cabinet on the left contains tools, pans, gloves, and gizmos. The one on the right is filled with assorted smoke wood. The shelf on the right holds one of those Kingsford Kaddy charcoal bins (very convenient and weather-tight). Under the WSM on the right is a galvanized garage drip pan from Pep Boys (pretty cheap) that catches mess and drippings and doesn't catch fire. On the left is the Kettle. Having a big worktop makes it easy to do chickens in the Kettle and ribs in the WSM at the same time. I've done parties of up to 30 so far, with no prep space hassles.

photostream

Last edited:
No one can post attachments or photo uploading, not just you. :)

Thanks for sharing your smoke station! Nice project.

Regards,
Chris

Nice set up! I can see a covered deck in your future and if you strategically place a big screen TV and hook up some speakers you would be super set!

Back