Smashburger´s(Solak copy)

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
Ok ever since i saw our own John solak do the SmashBurgerThingy i know i had to try it. I know im a few month late to the party but DANG! Whatta crust this gives your burgers. Loose and soft in the center..Pure meat...No handling of the meat what so ever(after the grind that is)

Ok Here we go:

Burgers 4x150g 50/50% beef/pork
Bacon
Dusted with Webers Gormet burger(Love you Mr Correll) after the flip.

Bacon done(1 min to done in fact) And the CI pan is getting really HOT!

The Smash! I used the Weber spactula that i had in range. But next time i will use a solid flat one.(was to lazy to get off the chair) :rolleyes: They were pressed down 15-20sec then flipped-->dusted with Webers.

The picture doesent make the crust justice.

Served in a bun:

Some of the best Burgers this year 4 sure. The crust was amazing...Combined with the loose center...Oh my! Try it,Bet you will like it. I know i did!

And to all the nice words i got from the ppl in my last post...THANKS,makes me feel better already!

One Love-

Smashing burgers Daniel! (wow, couldn't believe that line was not used yet)
Marvelous photos too!

Jo and I love burgers from a chain called Steak 'n Shake, and they smash 'em.
2009-12-31-SnS-grill.jpg

editing to add:
another name for these could be retro burgers.
this is about the only way I had burgers, made at home or eating out, in the 1950's through about the early 1980's.
thick burgers starting taking over, but some diners, etc still make them this way.
and I need to too after seeing yours and John's!

Last edited:
I made these earlier this week.....they were the best burgers ever! My wife agreed. I had a couple left over and after a quick reheat in the microwave the next day, they just as good. Definitely give this a try!

Back