Small gray Weber cookbook three ring binder?

Tork T

TVWBB Member
Weber folks,

Six months before I developed the "condition" I cleaned out the garage and got rid of a small gray plastic Weber binder I'd had for years. The binder included recipes and grilling tips, and attached to one ring of the binder was a small cleaning tool (looked like a short coat hangar with a bend). Then Covid hit and I built my gen 2000 and wished I'd never parted with the gray binder. It was interesting because I remember the recipe for turkey was MOM-that's code for the burners: Medium-Off-Medium. If I remember correctly the MOM setting was supposed to maintain 325 degrees. Yesterday I bought a one owner Genesis 1000 and the cookbook does not have the MOM style suggestion but refers to temperature instead.

Anyone ever seen a small gray Weber binder/cookbook?

Here is the cookbook I got yesterday, but I believe the gray binder might be "rare".... OMO. haha

IMG_8588.JPG

IMG_8587.jpg

That is cool. A lot of people would love to have one of those. I am guessing it is worth a few bucks. Not a ton, but probably more than you would pay for it at a garage sale.

I picked up a grill from a very nice older couple a while back. They said they had something else that came with the grill and wanted make sure it went to the new owner. And that used recipe for turkey one year for Thanksgiving. I'm betting it was page 37-38 because that's the only thing missing from it. Otherwise it was well cared for.

IMG_20200812_123848747_HDR.jpgIMG_20200812_123905039.jpgIMG_20200812_123938232_MP.jpg

I have the small Gray binder that came with my AFF " Blue top", it has a lot of good tips and recipes in it. It is the same one that Chris posted.

They were included with the last two grills I bought. You are most likely to get them when you buy a grill from the original owner.

I have purchased a lot of used Genesis grills and never gotten one of those. Grill brushes, spatulas, covers, LP Tanks, mice and a lot of other stuff, but never a Weber Binder.

The one I bought last weekend, a '04 Gold C, came with a complete, like new Weber roti including motor and an unused roti spit & basket like I think you have with the half-basket and clamps...I was mostly interested in the RH tables for our '05 Silver C, but when I saw the roti...and then she brought out the cookbook...

EDIT: I have one for a Genesis 3, too, printed 1/89, and I scanned it. I thought no biggie having the binder. It does have a cool picture of a Genesis 5000, though.

Attachments

• 61rkL1GJu8L._AC_.jpg
    61rkL1GJu8L._AC_.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I purchased my Genesis II used approx. 1991 from a friend in Clarence Center NY who purchased it new in 1989 and I’m just now in the process of refurbishing it. Still have the binder that came with it.

FE157B37-DE55-4C28-BE5B-FCE62E61596A.jpeg

Yes still in great condition. Also have the original owners manual and the consumers price list and order form

If there are any real good recipes in those binders, wish you all would share. If you don't want to type them up, a picture will be ok. Thanks!!

Back