Small broiler pan "Goodcook"

Steve MacIsaac

Love grilling shrimp on the Q1200, and had been using disposable foil trays (which clean up fine in dishwasher, can be reused several times) to reduce mess and let the shrimp simmer a bit. Tried to buy one of the "broiler pan" accessories for B&D, etc., toaster oven -- all not available separately and ridiculously priced from mfr. and too small anyhow. Ran across this "Goodcook" 7/11 inch broiler pan. $17 at local grocery story (Publix, Tampa FL). Can't wait to try it. Hints/tips appreciated -- e.g., would you recommend spraying it with Pam/whatever prior to grilling?
Shrimp.JPG Goodcook.JPGGoodcookbroiler.JPG

I just throw them right on the grill, I don’t even skewer them but, I’m “different” so I’ve been called.

That admitted, I’d use some Pam on the rack just to prevent sticking but, they are going to cook differently than in the foil pan, the foil pan allows some pooling of moisture, the broiler pan will not. Your results will be more like going directly on grill grates so, why have one (or two) more thing(s) to clean up?

You are both right!
Sometimes (shoot me) with a daughter in grad school in Nashville, and a son at UF (I never had the stresses they had, even through law school), I like to fire up the Q, get a quick meal, with no muss or fuss.
I'm not a grilling afficionado--but I'm getting there, I hope! Thanks for sharing.

Steve, first And foremost, Welcome!! Shrimp on the grill is a super easy and very tasty meal, but if you’ve had success “broiling“ yours in a foil tray, keep going! I look forward to hearing how the new tray worked for you, and see if you like it better than the foil pan. My thinking is this; the more tools and methods I have to cook with, the better, and the less likely I and my family will get tired of cooking using the same method over and over again.
Tim

Thanks so much!
I'm having great fun with this Q1200, new regulator, burner, handle. It was the grill we used at the kids' mom's house, a couple times a week for 4 years. We bought her a new big weber for her b/day and I succeeded to the mini-grill after it sit forlornly on the patio for 6 months. We love the new big one (my former wife and I get along fabulously, cook several times a week there or here) but boy I love the small Q1200!
I've been without a grill since we retired the Ducane a few years ago. Bought it in '98, with 'lifetime warranty' on parts, and my son and I rebuilt that sucker twice -- everything but the hood and lower casting. And then (no surprise!) Ducane went bankrupt and, as of 2013 parts no longer available. A hardware store in upstate new york, which bought out Ducane inventory, kept me going for a while, but when the cabinet base rusted, no parts available.
But I got an OEM instruction plate and two brand new knobs! I'll post a pic.

Steve, grab yourself a bundle of Asparagus from the grocery store, coat it with olive oil, sprinkle garlic salt on it and throw it on your Q. About 5 minute on high. Even if you don't care for green veggies, you will like it. Just make sure you don't cook it until mushy and pinch the bottom inch or two off each stalk before cooking.

I'm gonna do that! Truth is, I don't eat much meat, daughter went veg several years ago and I just stopped eating red meat. But I grilled all manner of animals on the Ducane for my son as he came up. But he's at UF (nuclear engineering, those steaks must have given him the brain) so I gotta try some of the non-meat recipes on this site.
I just like playing with this "rescue Weber". With new parts it's just flawless in terms of ignition, temp rise time, even nature (relatively speaking) of the interior temperature.
And the folks at Weber -- wow. When I ordered the regulator the cust serv rep said "hold off on the burner, see if the regulator does the trick" and then FedExed it to me at no additional charge.

I'm gonna do that! Truth is, I don't eat much meat, daughter went veg several years ago and I just stopped eating red meat. But I grilled all manner of animals on the Ducane for my son as he came up. But he's at UF (nuclear engineering, those steaks must have given him the brain) so I gotta try some of the non-meat recipes on this site.
I just like playing with this "rescue Weber". With new parts it's just flawless in terms of ignition, temp rise time, even nature (relatively speaking) of the interior temperature.
And the folks at Weber -- wow. When I ordered the regulator the cust serv rep said "hold off on the burner, see if the regulator does the trick" and then FedExed it to me at no additional charge.
The Q grills are very well built and all of the replacement parts are very resonably priced. If you planned on keeping it a long long time, then you could always just buy a set of backup parts since the price always goes up on the replacement parts.

My Q is a workhorse and I think it's the perfect size for 2-4 people. It's especially nice to use during a week night when I don't have the extra time to fire up the charcoal for the kettle.

I am looking for an alternative to the Weber Q Roast Rack 6564.
Large roasting rack 6564 dimensions for Q2000/2200: 14½" x 9¼” x ¾”
Large Roasting Shield 6562 Dimensions 15.5 X 10.5

I did find HIC Broiler Rack, 12-Inches x 7.5-Inches on Amazon
it would be close to Weber roasting Rack 6563 for Q1200: 11½” x 7¾” x ¾”

Just looking for one that will be a better fit for Weber Q 2200 , I can use regular foil doubled up with holes poked in for the foil tray below the roasting rack

Last edited:
Steve, grab yourself a bundle of Asparagus from the grocery store, coat it with olive oil, sprinkle garlic salt on it and throw it on your Q. About 5 minute on high. Even if you don't care for green veggies, you will like it. Just make sure you don't cook it until mushy and pinch the bottom inch or two off each stalk before cooking.
Bout the best thing my Q-320 does.

. It's especially nice to use during a week night when I don't have the extra time to fire up the charcoal for the kettle.

That where my Weber Smoky Joe 14" compliments my Weber Performer Deluxe as the "Matchlight Charcoal" lights-up in around 15 minutes with no noticeable bad odor or taste.

Back