SlowNSear Deluxe or Weber Charcoal Baskets?

I use the Weber charcoal baskets and split a near full Weber chimney worth of charcoal between them. 80 minutes seems to be the magic number for me with that setup.

Good luck
Completely agree with this. It's surprising how quick things cook on a rotisserie.

Like others here on my WSK I use a charcoal basket on either side with a few wood chunks thrown in for good measure, and a drip pan underneath (dry or stocked depending on the cook).

Might be different on a 22” kettle but on the WSK my SNS would sit too high for the cook Id want from a rotisserie.
Cherry it my wood of choice, insane colour.

I did a Brisket on my Weber Perfromer a couple of weeks ago, I was considering picking up a SNS, but then I just decided to go with the same method I have used for year smoking Thanksgiving turkey. Bank coals to one side using Firebricks/ minion method, water pan under the food. I Grab a beer or in the case of a brisket a 6 pack ( a brisket is a bout' a 6 beer 2 whiskey smoke).

I think the SNS is an awesome device, I also like the hack where people affix 2 weber coal baskets together to make one large basket.
I just don't think the cost or the hassle of storing another accessory is worth it since my slow and low method isn't broken.

I did buy a Vortex and will try that for my next indirect slow n low cook.

Back